Plastic D200 body from China ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Lo

Apr 3, 2007
S.Calif. USA
a number of camera companies on the web have the D200, D80, and other bodies really cheap. Not refurbushed, brand new etc. so I called them to see whats up.
and the salesman tells me they have plastic bodies and are made in China, but they also have the the reg. Nikons,:think: which are about the same price as everyone else. All these guys I called where in New York.
Also some camera shops will seller a bit cheaper, but they have in-store warrenties.:sticktong Which leaves me to think, unless its a used camera from a private party, that simply want to sell there camera in a hurry and are willing to take a loss, your not going to find D200s or D80s or any other camera or lens for any less then about what there all selling them for. There is no super deals out there.::bigeyes:

That is such a bull. Don't believe them. Nikon does not manufacture these cameras in different versions. These sellers advertise such low prices to get uninformed buyers to call them. Then once these uninformed buyers call, the sales people would lie and tell 1001 reasons to get the buyers to change their mind and/or buy other items at ridiculously high prices. It's called bait-and-switch.

Many years ago, there was a website that had all the photos of these supposedly mail order or online 'stores' in New York City area. Many of those 'stores' were not even real stores. There were many that were run from apartments, run-down places, etc. These sellers scam people for a living. Avoid buying from these places like a plague.

As you said, there are no super deals out there. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

better get from Adorama , BHphoto ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.