Plasma TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi dennis,

most of the plasma TV have a common display feature and its advantages. Fianlly still based on what u see from your eyes, eg: what 8billion colour, high contrast, all depends on your eyes sight, such feature can't tell you much

I just bought a Hitachi Altis 42" model which with resolution 1024X1024, i found that it is quite high definition TV especially when u watch the TV program about 100cm away, other features quite same as other brand except its high resoluation panel

Panasonic now which is a top model in global market because of it new display technology but one weak point is too expensive as compare with other branded model :(

42" plasma will be enough for home usage unless u need a special AV room or mini theatre

one more infor no all the high resolution model with HDTV function, therefore before place an order ,make sure the tunner is buid in or optional tuner availble

if u r really wanna to get a set of plasma , visit to best denki or harvey norman for better information

Dennis said:
IMHO projector cannot match plasma no matter what in terms of colour, black depth, clarity and ambient viewing conditions.

I agree with you only with the ambient viewing conditions. You must go to a good demo room, like fast logic or some shops in Adelphi. Make sure there is total black out in the room. Sad to say even some "professional" home theatre shop fail to setup their demo room properly. Projectors are very sensitive to ambient light. Try to demo a good 720P LCD/DLP projector.

PQ (picture quality) wise, I think projector is 100% better. Plasma has its advantages which is mainly convenience. I watch my plasma 90% of the time and my projector less than 10%. No because the PQ is better but it is just EASIER to turn the plasma on :)

Anyway, you can visit xtremeplace.com for more info. It is a local HT forum.

Dennis said:
Same same here. That is why I don't consider Sony.

I understand that Sony had stopped their plasma tvs. Sony is fully committed to LCD tvs. I like their new Bravia LCD tvs. Great colors and viewing.
If u have to go plasma tvs - i think the Pioneer (both current and previous 43" models) are probably one of the best.
Plasma is near end of its cycle, LCDs are improving v fast. U will see larger LCD tvs ie > 40" soon and their prices will match similar size plasmas.

Sony LCD TV Bravia produced @Malaysia, and they never give up Plasma TV, and the plasma TV still quite hot in Japan for SONY brand. ;)

where you got the info that SONY has give up the plasma TV production

hi Kindpin,

LCD is good for computer games and DVD playing but it is quite weak in HDTV function or TV program

what u see from those retailer shop, the LCD video display are from the maker special made video program. So, they had carried out the best adjustment on that.

you may ask the retailer to test on TV program, the u will know what i am trying to say

Just for info plasma is not dead yet and LCD still have alot to catch up in terms of real world viewing. I believe for the next 5-10 years plasma is still the best value for money.

yftye said:
hi Kindpin,

LCD is good for computer games and DVD playing but it is quite weak in HDTV function or TV program

what u see from those retailer shop, the LCD video display are from the maker special made video program. So, they had carried out the best adjustment on that.

you may ask the retailer to test on TV program, the u will know what i am trying to say

I'd the Bravia for a couple weeks already. Watched normal tv programs thru the SCV. Quality is good. As to it being weak in HDTV function - I don't know yet as our local programs are still not HD. Watching DVDs are a real treat, great pictures. No adjustment made by me yet. So far I have left the settings from factory.

Do see for yourself and compare, don't just read comments by me or others.

Do an online search for comparison of LCD vs plasma and u will have an interesting read.

Status
Not open for further replies.