Plasma/LCD TV Recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this Phillips model 42PF7421 42" LCD TV. Its going for $2700 w/o GST, compared to the Sharp PX5 37" at $2400 and PX5 42" at $3400. Samsung 40" is $3400 also. Picture looks good, and for the price seems like a really good buy as its priced close to smaller panels of other brands (all non-Full-HD panels btw).

Anyone own this model, or got any comments for it? Else I think its a good value for money 42" LCD TV :)

The Panny Viera 720p range is quite decent value for many. The high contrast ratio is great for brighter viewing areas. Nice crisp images makes this range my choice.

http://www.panasonic.com.sg/CNY/

Offer still ongoing, great rebates.

Thanks for the link! Pretty good prices also from Panny. One consideration is power consumption -what is it like for the plasma Panasonic models vs. an equivalent-sized LCD?

Samsung! Now Courts Tampinese Got Sale 1299k For What Used To Be 15k 32" With Free $150 Robinson Voucher... But There Is Nothin In Robinson So I Dunno What The Voucher Is For

3000:1 Hd Ready.

Samsung! Now Courts Tampinese Got Sale 1299k For What Used To Be 15k 32" With Free $150 Robinson Voucher... But There Is Nothin In Robinson So I Dunno What The Voucher Is For

3000:1 Hd Ready.

Thx, but looking for 37-42" TV :)

One consideration is power consumption -what is it like for the plasma Panasonic models vs. an equivalent-sized LCD?

I'm not sure but I can't imagine it will be that different from a comparably sized screen of another brand.

Which model do you own, Terence? Care to share how the PQ is comparing SDTV and HDTV or compared to LCD TV? Thanks

Just saw this Phillips model 42PF7421 42" LCD TV. Its going for $2700 w/o GST, compared to the Sharp PX5 37" at $2400 and PX5 42" at $3400. Samsung 40" is $3400 also. Picture looks good, and for the price seems like a really good buy as its priced close to smaller panels of other brands (all non-Full-HD panels btw).

Anyone own this model, or got any comments for it? Else I think its a good value for money 42" LCD TV :)

Bought the Phillips 42" 9986 two years back together with a 32" Samsung. No fight! The Phillips firstly rendered better and more correct skin tone (as in most European make) and has better features e.g. auto-dimming depending on ambient light ("active control"). Overall color is nice too as I used it to play back my photo DVDs. Its 1366 x 768 and paid $7.2K then.
Hope this helps.

I don't think you should get a plasma. It isn't that sharp. If you're going for image quality, you should consider Samsung, which is rather value-for-money. Can get the mosel N7, 720p 40" which cost $3000+/- or the 32" $1800 +/-. If you wanna go for HD then get F7, 1080 for $6000++ :cool:

Bought the Phillips 42" 9986 two years back together with a 32" Samsung. No fight! The Phillips firstly rendered better and more correct skin tone (as in most European make) and has better features e.g. auto-dimming depending on ambient light ("active control"). Overall color is nice too as I used it to play back my photo DVDs. Its 1366 x 768 and paid $7.2K then.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing... I also tempted to get the Phillips, cause of the price. But some ppl tell me Phillips TV cannot buy wan, a lot of problems etc. And also got the KS mentality... if its so much cheaper than other brands, maybe its not as good? :bsmilie:

Thanks for sharing... I also tempted to get the Phillips, cause of the price. But some ppl tell me Phillips TV cannot buy wan, a lot of problems etc. And also got the KS mentality... if its so much cheaper than other brands, maybe its not as good? :bsmilie:

There are many factors affecting the price of any commodities but doesn't necessary mean that expensive is better. Cheaper items may have less features or older model or less pixels or obsolete design or .....
My advice is determine the colors, resolution and features that meets your requirement and then consider the price. Its pointless to purchase something that you discover has shortcoming and wants to change / upgrade later.

Status
Not open for further replies.