Planning to get a K10D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friedrice

Oct 10, 2006
Clementi
Hi Pentax Bro's and Sis,

I'm thinking of getting a K10D with kit lens (18-55mm) to go with Chiif's 125mm f2.5 lens :D.

So far I got a quote for S$1499 before GST for K10D with 18-55mm lens, bundled with 2 GB SD card and Spare Battery from CP. Aiyah BBB virus did not hit before GST change on july, sigh hehe.

But as Comex is around the corner - you all think there may be a better promotion for the K10D if I wait till then and buy it at Comex??:think:

Please feel free to share (or pm) of any shops that are offering good deals on the K10D though. Thank you alls.

Yes agreed with longko, get fengwei's used K10D and the kit lens currently availabe by another seller in B&S. That save you quite a bit of $$$.:D

Hi Pentax Bro's and Sis,

I'm thinking of getting a K10D with kit lens (18-55mm) to go with Chiif's 125mm f2.5 lens :D.

So far I got a quote for S$1499 before GST for K10D with 18-55mm lens, bundled with 2 GB SD card and Spare Battery from CP. Aiyah BBB virus did not hit before GST change on july, sigh hehe.

But as Comex is around the corner - you all think there may be a better promotion for the K10D if I wait till then and buy it at Comex??:think:

Please feel free to share (or pm) of any shops that are offering good deals on the K10D though. Thank you alls.

As far as I know, Pentax or most other big player never give good discounts at a show like COMEX, except some freebies which don't cost much to get anyway. You'd better off buy it directly from a shop :)

And for K10D, it's better you get a better lens than the kit lens to start with. A lens like the Pentax DA16-45 or Sigma 17-70, or better yet, the coming DA*16-50/2.8 would be an alot better choice imo.

Good luck.

Oh better yet, get this one (but it'd cost you even more ;)):

PentaxK10DSE.jpg

As far as I know, Pentax or most other big player never give good discounts at a show like COMEX, except some freebies which don't cost much to get anyway. You'd better off buy it directly from a shop :)

And for K10D, it's better you get a better lens than the kit lens to start with. A lens like the Pentax DA16-45 or Sigma 17-70, or better yet, the coming DA*16-50/2.8 would be an alot better choice imo.

Good luck.

Quite true, I noticed they will sell at the RSP and throw in some freebies.

I'm getting the DA*16-50 to replace the kit lens. That is why I hold off getting the Pentax DA16-45 or Sigma 17-70. Hopefully can get it by Oct.:)

PentaxK10DSE.jpg

Hey bro, don't make us envy leh. Creampuff will be drooling.:bsmilie: How much you paid for it?

many years down the road, this camera will fetch high prices...are these made in limited numbers?

PentaxK10DSE.jpg

Big deal .....show-off .................. :nono::bsmilie:

The limited edition is using the Pentax Body Cap B also instead of the common white Pentax Body Cap.

Hey bro, don't make us envy leh. Creampuff will be drooling.:bsmilie: How much you paid for it?

Eh!!! Away a few days and next thing I know somebody already the first in Singapore to own the K10D Grand Prix Special Edition plus the 85mm f1.4.;p :bheart:

This is surely proof that our Pentax moderator is the Pentax master. Mere mortals can only admire the K10D Grand Prix Special Edition in the virtual realm, but he can get the best stuff from out of the blue.

istDeS, my mouth no more saliva already!!! Actually I'm looking to get a K10D to replace the one I gave to my nephew and thought about getting the GP Special Edition...

Eh!!! Away a few days and next thing I know somebody already the first in Singapore to own the K10D Grand Prix Special Edition plus the 85mm f1.4.;p :bheart:

This is surely proof that our Pentax moderator is the Pentax master. Mere mortals can only admire the K10D Grand Prix Special Edition in the virtual realm, but he can get the best stuff from out of the blue.

istDeS, my mouth no more saliva already!!! Actually I'm looking to get a K10D to replace the one I gave to my nephew and thought about getting the GP Special Edition...
Hee hee, he use his Force! =D
If it's just for 1 lens, might as well get fengwei's used K10D with warranty.;) <1k body only
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=300609
Yes, I think fengwei is definitely trustable too! =)

Thank you for you all for your replies bros.

Wah, you guys are really making my BBB fever worse :bsmilie:.
I'm gonna pose like that "Thinking Man" statue now hehe...decisions, decisions...:sweatsm:

Just curious about limited edition K10D, where are you able to buy it and how much does it cost? Other than that, what you think would be the ballpark or estimated cost for the DA*16-50 lens once it is available?

Paiseh, I got a newbie question as no experience on this - it's possible to transfer a warranty to another person (2nd buyer), though the warranty under register under the original or first buyer's name, right?

Hope to hear from you all and thank again!

Away? Guess you missed something already :bsmilie:

Sometimes I just got lucky I guess ;)

Thank you for you all for your replies bros.

Wah, you guys are really making my BBB fever worse :bsmilie:.
I'm gonna pose like that "Thinking Man" statue now hehe...decisions, decisions...:sweatsm:

Just curious about limited edition K10D, where are you able to buy it and how much does it cost? Other than that, what you think would be the ballpark or estimated cost for the DA*16-50 lens once it is available?

Paiseh, I got a newbie question as no experience on this - it's possible to transfer a warranty to another person (2nd buyer), though the warranty under register under the original or first buyer's name, right?

Hope to hear from you all and thank again!

Buying Pentax stuff is kinda addictive I think, many Pentaxians would suffer this LBA disease, and AFAIK, the only cure is to jump ship :D So you'd better be prepared.

As to the cost of this K10D Grand Prix, I don't think it'd be too much more expensive than the original K10D. But I might be wrong due to the LIMITED sets available here and elsewhere. But the camera will be here soon, so let's wait and see lah.

The DA16-50 has been out already in some countries, and its price isn't that high. I'm guessing it'd be around 1k to 1.2k SGD locally. But it won't be out until Sept I think.

As to the warranty thing, I don't think Pentax care about who is the original owner but when and where this camera is bought, and its warranty status. So don't worry about buying a second hand camera, especially if still has warranty :D

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.