Planning to buy a compact camera, pls introduce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerKerK

Nov 9, 2009
Hi, i am planning to buy a compact camera budget around SGD300~400. Can anyone introduce me a good compact camera? Thanks.

Any feature you're looking for?

Sony, Canon, Fuji, Panasonic, Olympus, Samsung and Nikon do have some decentcompact cameras to offer. Why not just head down to a shop to see & feel them.

what r u needs?

Any feature you're looking for?

Sony, Canon, Fuji, Panasonic, Olympus, Samsung and Nikon do have some decentcompact cameras to offer. Why not just head down to a shop to see & feel them.

Hi, more concern on the budget. Any of the brand above is not a problem.:)

Since there is no special requirement and brand is not an issue, just get whichever you feel is good bah. There is really not much difference difference since the sensor size in the cameras are about the same.

The Panasonic LZ8 or LZ10. Going for less then $190 but has features like leica glass, 5x zoom, manual controls, runs on aa batteries as well as can do video recording.

It is presumably the incredibly budget version of the LX3.

Personally I think if you want a good but (considerably) cheaper camera, it would have to be the older Canon Ixus models. If not go for Fujifilm. Cheap and good :) if your budget's higher, go for Panasonic LX3 -- Awesome SLR-quality shots!

Er.. IF you want a really budget compact camera, you can try Samsung.
From what I see, specs for specs, Samsung compact cams sometimes are cheaper than some other brands.

Panasonic LX3

Thank you everyone for your reply. Really appreciate.:)

Hehe for me canon ixus series also do the job. They are pretty impressive in every model

just curious, will camera technology make much difference to output photos?

just curious, will camera technology make much difference to output photos?
depends what you need. usually newer models are have better noise control at higher iso. If you use mainly up to iso 400 then there isnt any clearcut difference.

The Pany LX10 will not go wrong. While on the way to Parkway Parade...

10850_182927239385_763324385_2717411_6459772_n.jpg

No HDR gimmicks. Only the shadows were pushed slightly and perspective corrected; otherwise, straight JPEG from the camera.

No HDR gimmicks. Only the shadows were pushed slightly and perspective corrected; otherwise, straight JPEG from the camera.

v impressive pic. i presume u mean the panny LZ10 and not LX10?

Leica glass in the hands of someone who knows what he is doing.

Here is a video clip of the LZ8 video mode on auto.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfVOEwAwT20

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.