Planning go taiwan for honeymoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leong40D

Apr 20, 2009
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
I still confuse want use what type lens for taiwan trip.
Any shifu can give some idea, i prefer lighter on backpack. :)

I think walkabout lens will do.

Last edited:
i'm going in oct for my wedding shoot at taipei. will bring along my d90 with kit lens

Tripod + wireless trigger

now taiwan got typhoon morakot.
not scared arh.

What are the lenses you have?
What type of photos you feel you want to take during the trip?

get a wide angle to capture the sceneries and maybe a fast prime lens to capture sweet loving shots at night?
don't bother bringing zoom lens cos u're not going there to shoot nature or candid of others. xDD

Since it's honeymoon, just bring a light PnS and enjoy.

Since it's honeymoon, just bring a light PnS and enjoy.

agreed totally.

returned from taipei recently, brought a LX3 and 350D with 2 lens. if you're going on a free and easy tour, i suggest just using a PnS. that's what i actually used 80% of the time.

he might not hv a PnS cam mah. Must recommend to wat he owned. but if bring your 40D... u nid tripod too... else u hv to ask passer-by to help u take couple photos, very troublesome.

Just give a brief idea on what i usually will bring. For free and easy trip, i will bring a sturdy tripod (preferably carbon fibre one as it's much lighted) that's collapsible into your luggage bag (usually abt 60cm or less iirc). However, i will only bring tripod if i am expected to take night scene, sunset/sunrise and maybe indoors (like church interiors etc, even then seldom use). If not, skip tripod, bring a gorripod if u have one.

Camera - A DSLR (D90) and a compact (LX3) (for the wife and the macro/food shots).
Lens - 18-200mm nikon (use for 80% of the time), 12-24mm tokina (15% of the time, mainly for landscapes, buildings etc) and a 50mm f1.8 (for low light, interiors etc)

Since this is your honeymoon trip, whatever you bring, your wife must agree! Don't let your marriage suffers becos of quarrels over the gear,/where you wanna shoot/what time u wanna wake up etc.

Went for my Honeymoon at TW in April this year.
I carry 20D + 17-55 & 70-300(all in a Lowepro backpack)
My wife carry a P&S.
We had lots of photos to bring home with us.

Make sure you are the one carrying the gear so your wife wont complain about the heavy photography gears. If your wife loves shopping, your load will naturally increase as well ya...;)

Whatever camera you bring just make sure its not in your bag all the time can liao. Just keep snapping away and bring home the wonderful memories of your honeymoon.

I went for my honeymoon trip to Taiwan 3 months back. Nice country to visit with lots of nice scenery. Hence, most of the time the wide angle lens comes in handy for the landscapes (90%). Also very versatile for the streets shots. Used my 40D+Tammy 17-50 most of the time. I brought along the 70-200 too but it was less used. only used it for those performances, etc when the subject is far away. Brought along a tripod too cos I was hoping to get some sunset shots at sun moon lake but didn't manage to cos of the weather. Nevertheless, the tripod came in handy at the least unexpected time - when the host released off some fireworks during one night. :)
So in summary, for me, the more often used lens is the wide angle lens. I would think a 24-105 might be good to bring along too if you have it. As for the zoom....i think i would choose the 24-105. Also recommend the tripod if your luggage budget can afford it. Just take more of your wife with the nice sceneries and she will not complain...at least tat's true for me...:)
Enjoy your trip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.