Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

I would say that this was a extremely successful launch. Delays and the postpone of launch date due to weather, and some other malfunctions (every single system must be working as designed), just hours and even minutes before lift-off is quite the norm.

Do download the full-hd (1080p) video of the launch from the website either tomorrow or the day after.

Plane spotting become shuttle spotting? :)

I guess you guys are more military aviation folks? Less so of commercial types?

Hmm,

I'd say we're 50:50. I love commercial, i don't really like military (have nvr spotted one in fact). So yup, basically general aviation. (Of course aerospace and aeronautics as well?)

Cowz.

11glm46.jpg

mach diamonds! :heart::heart::heart:

Guys,

I think we should organise an outing and also Orion you should create a photogroup here in CS :D you be the leader hehe. We'll be really nice to see us as a group spotting together though, hehe and it'll be funny if the police strt eye-ing at us HAHA!

Cowz.

Guys, I think we should organise an outing and also Orion you should create a photogroup here in CS :D you be the leader hehe. We'll be really nice to see us as a group spotting together though, hehe and it'll be funny if the police strt eye-ing at us HAHA!

Cowz.
Wow, I barely have enough time to sleep before beginning mine shift at SASCO, not to mention the lack of energy and time for photography, much less organising an outing. :sweat:

Still, I would very much love to meet-up with fellow aviation enthusiasts. :bsmilie:

STS-125 (HST-SM4) - News Flash (Live).

Space shuttle Atlantis (OV-104) successfully rendezvous with the Hubble Space Telescope (HST), a first since 2002. Question, what does the Hubble Space Telescope (HST) and most Singaporeans have in common?

Just a couple of aviation links that might interest some people. Since mine company seldom service narrow-body aircraft (unlike SIAEC) at mine facility, I would use the following websites to check up on some general and technical details or information regarding them.

Smart Cockpit - Free Online Aviation Libarary.

The Boeing 737 Technical Site By: Chris Brady
(Get the book, highly recommended).

I do have some other links, but these are strictly for internal-use only. ;)

Last edited:
wad's the answer? can't think of any intelligent answer leh..
The Hubble Space Telescope is "genetically" myopic and requires corrective optics, as with the majority of Singaporeans. Hubble's multimillion dollar main mirror was grinded and polished out of shape by 2.3 micrometres (0.00023 cm), resulting in severe spherical aberration.

The problem was corrected through the installation of a package of corrective optics known as the Corrective Optics Space Telescope Axial Replacement (COSTAR) during STS-61 (servicing mission 1) in 1993. All new optical instruments installed in Hubble after the launch are designed so as to factor in the spherical aberration.

COSTAR will be replaced with the Cosmic Origins Spectrograph (COS), with its own dedicated set of corrective optics, during the current servicing mission, STS-125 (HST-SM4). Really sorry to bore you with all the tech talk. :embrass:

Last edited:
The Hubble Space Telescope is "genetically" myopic and requires corrective optics, as with the majority of Singaporeans. Hubble's multimillion dollar main mirror was grinded and polished out of shape by 2.3 micrometres (0.00023 cm), resulting in severe spherical aberration.

The problem was corrected through the installation of a package of corrective optics known as the Corrective Optics Space Telescope Axial Replacement (COSTAR) during STS-61 (servicing mission 1) in 1993. All new optical instruments installed in Hubble after the launch are designed so as to factor in the spherical aberration.

COSTAR will be replaced with the Cosmic Origins Spectrograph (COS), with its own dedicated set of corrective optics, during the current servicing mission, STS-125 (HST-SM4). Really sorry to bore you with all the tech talk. :embrass:

haha.. okay.. i knew about hubble being 'pak jiao'. But din think of linking it with this. :thumbsup: good one. Trust NASA to come up with such a complicated name for corrective optics. :bsmilie:

I tried spotting for the dot that is the space shuttle Atantis (OV-104) and the Hubble Space Telescope (HST), during the 5 minutes window of opportunity as they speed through the heavens above Singapore. Didn't manage to catch it, will try again next morning. I guess I'm taking "plane" spotting too extreme? :bsmilie:

Ralf Vandebergh, a amateur astronomy from Netherlands, well known for his image of the International Space Station (ISS) taken from his backyard. Some of his latest images are located at this temporary website.

Last edited:
Firefly will be operating from Singapore Changi Airport starting from the 1st of July 2009, with their fleet of ATR-72.

One way ticket to Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport (serving Kuala Lumpur) costs 77 Malaysian ringgits or approximately S$32 (includes all insurance fee, surcharge and tax), this is somewhat comparable (or even cheaper) to a Tiger Airways flight to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. I had personally been on the ATR-72 (operated by Cebu Pacific) thrice in the the Philippines. This would be a good joyride opportunity for those who has never flown on a turboprop before. ;p

3535651030_d97b4590dc_o.png

Last edited:
Firefly will be operating from Singapore Changi Airport starting from the 1st of July 2009, with their fleet of ATR-72.

One way ticket to Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport (serving Kuala Lumpur) costs 77 Malaysian ringgits or approximately S$32 (includes all insurance fee, surcharge and tax), this is somewhat comparable (or even cheaper) to a Tiger Airways flight to Kuala Lumpur International Airport. I had personally been on the ATR-72 (operated by Cebu Pacific) thrice in the the Philippines. This would be a good joyride opportunity for those who has never flown on a turboprop before. ;p

3535651030_d97b4590dc_o.png

Woo,

no need to run to penang to spot this orange proppy .. Gah save my ticketing fare of that costly 1 hr SQ flight :eek:

Cowz.

NDP reheasals should be starting pretty soon. There should be some flypass for us to spot and shoot. Let's see where is the best place to shoot from, taking into consideration the evening sun if any and the direction of the flypass. ;p

NDP reheasals should be starting pretty soon. There should be some flypass for us to spot and shoot. Let's see where is the best place to shoot from, taking into consideration the evening sun if any and the direction of the flypass. ;p
The 1st RSAF internal rehearsal will occur on the 3rd, 10th, & 17th of June 2009, "combined arms" rehearsal will begin every Saturday starting 20th of June 2009.

You might want to refer to the CAAS: AIP supplement 32/09 (dated 2009.04.02), "RSAF formation flypast prior to and on Singapore National Day, 9th August 2009", for information related to airspace closure schedule, aircraft holding area and approved flight routes etc. etc. Any further changes or modifications to the AIP supplement will be reflected in upcoming NOTAM.

Last edited: