Places to visit in JB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaeSiuM

Dec 22, 2002
Singapore, Bedok
www.paintingmoments.com
Will be headed down to JB later in the afternoon and was wondering if anyone here has any good recommendation for food or shopping to recommend.

I've only been to the usual few places namely:

1. JB Market where there's lotsa good food at night.
2. Holiday Plaza for general shopping
3. Taman Sentosa
4. Plaza Pelangi
5. City Square

Would be great if the place ain't too far away from the checkpoint. :)

The seafood stalls the road down from holiday plaza is a good place for seafood... it just a 2-3 minute straight drive down from the road outside holiday plaza... good stuff like butter fried cray fish, sambal kangkong with cockles, char kuey teow, oyster omelette, begger's chicken, and a host of other goodies.

have fun!

hey....i am going back to JB later ...i am from JB.

hmm...good place to eat ar....tonight got Pasar malam at Taman Pelangi. a lot of local snack....

hmm...other place ar....think need someone to guide you there....

you can ask for stulang mee rebus, cathay beef noodle, goreng pisang etc...and my favourite: Ramli burger!!!

Thanks Sputnik. Btw for those who are interested in cheese cakes, Secret Recipes cheese cakes are going at RM$4.90++ a slice and RM$57++ for a whole cake.

It's less than half the price of those locally. Just perfect for the glutton in me. :rolleyes:

tantingchin said:
can go to Da Ma hawker center for seafood also. (Sri Terbrau Hawker Center). A lot of varieties..

Thanks. Actually for me who's not streetwise there, I just call it JB Market. Yeah lotsa good stuff there at night. Not much cooked food stall opened in the day.

Went to Taman Sentosa to look out for Wedding packages last week. Must try "De Xing" Paper Wrap Chicken and "Kong Inn" restaurant. There is also a shop selling Frog Porridge in 'Gong Bao Chilli". Very nice food.

Bernard Ong said:
Went to Taman Sentosa to look out for Wedding packages last week. Must try "De Xing" Paper Wrap Chicken and "Kong Inn" restaurant. There is also a shop selling Frog Porridge in 'Gong Bao Chilli". Very nice food.

Thanks for your recommendations Bernard. Will pop by if I still have time and space left in my stomach. :p

Oh btw, if you're still looking for wedding packages, I heard from one of the taxi drivers there and he told me that if you go slightly further up north to Kota Tinggi, it's cheaper there though I can't confirm. :)

I already signed up a package. RM3,888. Very good value for money. The shop is located at City Square. We chose that shop because they have a designer "Shanghai costume" which my fiance loves very much.

Rite on! , that is one of the reasons for signing up also

How about Danga Bay? Passed by it but not familiar with the place.

Speaking of KFC, I shared a three-piece meal with my cousins yesterday. They have this Tom-Yam chicken in place of crispy. Not too bad. ;)

yeah these fast-food outlets are a good way to temporarily fill up your stomach while you shop.

Ramli burger lovers alert:

There's a Ramli burger stall in Toa Payoh Central now, in the middle of the funfair in front of Toa Payoh library. Approximate location: right in front of both the outdoor stage and the library.
It will be there for approximately 2 weeks...!

Poledra said:
Ramli burger lovers alert:

There's a Ramli burger stall in Toa Payoh Central now, in the middle of the funfair in front of Toa Payoh library. Approximate location: right in front of both the outdoor stage and the library.
It will be there for approximately 2 weeks...!

Buy some Ramli Burger patties at RM$6 for a pack of 10 in JB, a bottle of worcestershire sauce and a small packet of curry powder. Pan fry it with a little oil and soon you'll perfect the Ramli burger patty.

Status
Not open for further replies.