places to get a new camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

chgoh25

Oct 11, 2007
Hi,

I wish to get a DSLR soon. Will it be cheaper at the upcoming SITEX in end November or is it the same if I get it from camera shops (cathay, MS colour.. etc)

:dunno:

it really depends. sometimes you can get *reasonably* good package deals, but sometimes not.

just be sure to understand that the free memory cards they give will not be the best, and the tripods they throw in will be usable, but don't expect too much from them.

so you should only look for lens package deals, and this is only if you are content with consumer grade lenses.

Experience tells that SITEX is not a camera-oriented event. And cameras are usually sold at their original prices in such events. So no big deal really.
Best is to go Cathay, TK foto etc to get better deals and avoid the human jam.

Hi,

I wish to get a DSLR soon. Will it be cheaper at the upcoming SITEX in end November or is it the same if I get it from camera shops (cathay, MS colour.. etc)

:dunno:

As mentioned, the freebies given are usually not of the highest qualities. And the cost of these "freebies" is more or less factored into the package.

You are better of visiting the reputable camera stores and pay for only what you need. It also doesn't hurt that you are starting to establish good relations with your nearby camera store.

Finally, good deals can also be found in the Buy and Sell forum, there is where you can carry out the ultimate mix and match of items and prices. Have fun!

SITEX better? Unlikely, but not impossible. You can start having a look at the price lists here in CS. Plenty of information about the usual packages (body+kit lens) and prices for lenses. So you can get a feeling for the prices. But such events only work for the sellers - especially if people get excited (and distracted!) about "freebies". But being distracted is the last thing you want to become when it comes to spending a lot of money, right? :)
Check the stores as recommended. Also, make up your mind what you need (functions, model, lenses, add-ons etc.). Once you have sorted out what you DON'T need it's safe to have a look at SITEX. But I prefer the quiet atmosphere of MS Color where I can have a talk to the sales guys, get some water etc over the rush and crowd of such events like SITEX.

Hi,
You may want to try MS Color Sevices at AMK Hub. Great service and price.

Cheers!!

thanks for all the leads! i will check them out soon:)

Status
Not open for further replies.