Places to buy Contemporary Artpiece ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasphotography

Jul 28, 2002
Singapore
First of all, am a very cultured person who does not know where to buy Contemporary Artpiece. ;p

Not really looking for those small small type, must big big hang onto the wall of homes, offices, restaurant etc.

Anybody care to share his art culture, where can I get this??? Thanks

I tot you can go to Utterly Art, just upstair Expose Cafe in Chinatown (near Srimariaman Temple). There are a lot of arts works that you can see and buy it ..... try take a look lah......

There are a couple at Stamford House and there's one called Evershine Gallery at Toa Payoh Central which is quite reasonable.

ok thanks.

Price reasonable as in around what price range for a 6ft wide 25" height canvas artpiece, for example? Just general in price will do, no need take into account of artist tao or not tao, that sorts of stuffs...

There is a gallery at the corner of that old nice building (an art by itself...), with brown wooden pillars, opposite the MRT building......sorry I forgot the name of the building. There are several furniture shops on the second floor.....

The gallery has some very nice paintings, with a bamboo forest, field of wheat, etc, etc......nice and BIG!

HS

depends on what you like. check out Eagle's Eye (or something similar) at the corner of Stamford House. Owned by a pretty young lady, her merchandise are sold to many corporate offices. Have seen some really nice ones. Prices around $1500-8000 for "regular" pieces.

check out their website.

don't forget to check out the Michael Tan pieces.

ps: I'm not related to the gallery, just a satisfied customer. :thumbsup:

hongsien said:
There is a gallery at the corner of that old nice building (an art by itself...), with brown wooden pillars, opposite the MRT building......sorry I forgot the name of the building. There are several furniture shops on the second floor.....

The gallery has some very nice paintings, with a bamboo forest, field of wheat, etc, etc......nice and BIG!

HS

hongsien, u are trying to be funny with me, is it???? :angry: :bsmilie:

How the heck I know where when you don't give me any building name, MRT name or even road name. All I have are vaguely

"There is a gallery..."
"at the corner..."
"old nice building..."
"brown wooden pillars..."
"several furniture shops..."
"on the second floor..."

How interesting this is....... ;p

hwchoy said:
depends on what you like. check out Eagle's Eye (or something similar) at the corner of Stamford House. Owned by a pretty young lady, her merchandise are sold to many corporate offices. Have seen some really nice ones. Prices around $1500-8000 for "regular" pieces.

check out their website.

don't forget to check out the Michael Tan pieces.

ps: I'm not related to the gallery, just a satisfied customer. :thumbsup:

ok thanks, will check it out later today.

So, they only charge $1500-8000 for "regular" pieces arhhhh...

I thought I can come up with any "2 strokes" and sell it to them at $2000 :bsmilie:

- MITA 1st flr
- a couple at Holland Village shopping centre

cheese said:
- MITA 1st flr
- a couple at Holland Village shopping centre

thanks.

hey, I like your avatar, it is bilbao in spain ehhh....

jasphotography said:
hongsien, u are trying to be funny with me, is it???? :angry: :bsmilie:

How the heck I know where when you don't give me any building name, MRT name or even road name. All I have are vaguely

"There is a gallery..."
"at the corner..."
"old nice building..."
"brown wooden pillars..."
"several furniture shops..."
"on the second floor..."

How interesting this is....... ;p

yes he is obviously serving in the Recce platoon during NS.

"there are some enemy soldiers…"
"on a bald patch…"
"near big old tree…"
"on a small hill…"
"covered with beluka…" :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

hwchoy said:
yes he is obviously serving in the Recce platoon during NS.

"there are some enemy soldiers…"
"on a bald patch…"
"near big old tree…"
"on a small hill…"
"covered with beluka…" :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

ok ok, I must admit I like that... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

jasphotography said:
thanks.

hey, I like your avatar, it is bilbao in spain ehhh....

nope, i shot it in sg (no prizes for getting the right answer) :bsmilie:

cheese said:
nope, i shot it in sg (no prices for getting the right answer) :bsmilie:

you don't cheat me hoh, since when sg got such architecture? Don't insult my intelligence hoh ;p

jasphotography said:
you don't cheat me hoh, since when sg got such architecture? Don't insult my intelligence hoh ;p

hint: its in the western part of sg ;)

I think that is part of the German institute or something like that at west coast right? Or maybe one of the buildings at IBP II.
Anyway Jas, hongsien was talking about stamford house. :bsmilie:

ya, went to stamford house today, Eagle's Eye to be specific....

quite small space, selection not much, especially contemporary artpiece, my fingers can count still have few to spare... not my type of art, may suit others' taste.

went up second floor, found no gallery liao, but got one like make-shift gallery on the second floor was closed though.

didn't see what hongsien described leh.... "brown wooden pillars...",
"several furniture shops..." and stuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.