Places selling Metal Hard case or Attache case

Status
Not open for further replies.

wahgongzai

Dec 13, 2006
Hi all, just wondering any senior know any place that sell those metal hard case or attache case for camera storage. So far I only know one to two shops at Sim Lim selling these cases. Quite expensive...

I did a search from this forum and found a lot of threads on Pelican, Stormcase, Seahorse and others. But I prefer the metal ones.

Also thinking of buying from ebay (last resort)...

thanks!

metal u can try the halliburton which cathay carries. i think that's a shop in adelphi on the second floor that sells underwater equipment and storm cases that may have metal cases.

why the preference of metal over the rest?

I think he wants metal cases which are cheaper then those at Sim Lim. Looks like you are pointing at the wrong direction. (In terms of pricing) :)

Well just to answer the quiry. Price does play a big part for me in buying a hard case. So far the plastic branded hard cases from cathay are above S$400+.

Why metal over plastic? just personal preferences :D . Maybe will go Chinatown side to see look. Heard a lot of shops selling luggages and stuff.

Anyway thanks bowwow for the advice. Will try to go down adelphi to have a look.

Perhaps you can go to Funan Centre and look for a shop called THE TRAVEL STORE. They have one on the ground level and another on the 2nd level.

I believed they have the hardcasing that you are looking for and also, their hardcasing comes with trolley. I'm not too sure about the pricing as I was there just a few days ago looking for some travel bag.

Cheers

Thanks Lmodel, just by chance I am going down there also. Will check it out

Nikon also have metal cases.

share with you this. i was at ProCam at PS the other day. apparently i saw these weatherproof boxes, which was exactly to what i used when i was on expedition overseas. and when i saw the price.

my heart dropped.

well.. arouund $180 to start with the middle range ones.

my question. you need the metal casing for ? what is the purpose ? to look good or for its true intended purspose ? ;)

First of all, today just went to Funan to check out the shops selling luggages (at the same time need to buy something from cathay also). The shop at second floor do sell attache cases. But all of them are mainly meant for office use. The deepest attache case they have is about 5". So not suitable for camera storage (I need at least 6.5" deep). Anyway thanks Lmodel for the info ;)

my question. you need the metal casing for ? what is the purpose ? to look good or for its true intended purspose ?

Anyway regarding the above question, the "look good" factor does play a minor part why I want to buy a attache case. But the main factor still has to do a lot with pricing.

I did a research if I want want to buy from oversea. I can get a good "not branded" attache case under S$100- (include delivery). But for those branded hard plastic cases, minimum is above S$200/-... Thus this is the reason why I prefer metal over plastic. Uses are mainly to transport my two camera plus accessories if there is a outdoor (small scale) product shot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.