Places for shooting flowers?

kenken17

Apr 18, 2009
Khatib
blog.mindnaked.com
Does anyone have any great place to shoot different type of flowers? Except Hortpark or Botanic Garden? Suggestions appreciated. :)

Does anyone have any great place to shoot different type of flowers? Except Hortpark or Botanic Garden? Suggestions appreciated. :)
There's a Singapore Garden Festival 2010 at Suntec Convention Centre right now but don't know till when ;)

I used to like to go to the Orchids Garden to shoot Orchids, but then that's Botanic Garden... :bsmilie:

Alexandra Hospital has a garden that has some flowers, but maybe not as many variety that you would like to see. And there is also a nursery near Mandai zoo, but I've always just passed by and never actually been in there, so not sure what's in there and whether you need to pay. :)

heheheh what's wrong with botanical gardens or hort park? not enough flowers??? :D

There's a Singapore Garden Festival 2010 at Suntec Convention Centre right now but don't know till when ;)

I have' heard of it. But I would like something in the nature, which i can take in other scene too especially the sky.. :D thanks anyway. :)

I used to like to go to the Orchids Garden to shoot Orchids, but then that's Botanic Garden... :bsmilie:

Alexandra Hospital has a garden that has some flowers, but maybe not as many variety that you would like to see. And there is also a nursery near Mandai zoo, but I've always just passed by and never actually been in there, so not sure what's in there and whether you need to pay. :)

Thanks man. I will search the two places online see if I can get more info about the place. :D

heheheh what's wrong with botanical gardens or hort park? not enough flowers??? :D

Nothing wrong on Hortpark, actually that is my favorite place :D but would like to get some where else. :)

For botanic garden...... I dont think there is 'flowers', just trees!

And there is also a nursery near Mandai zoo, but I've always just passed by and never actually been in there, so not sure what's in there and whether you need to pay. :)

the pentax group just went a few weeks ago and took some pics..can view the pics here
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=726090

entrance fee is $3.50 for adult..but tat time when i went..the person ask me if I am there for the 1st time..i say yes and she charge me $1.50...so not sure whether is it really $3.50 or $1.50..

btw..according to some in the pentax forum..this place going to close soon but i dunno when will it close :dunno:

Thanks for the info. Can see a lot of capable photographers in the Pentax group from that thread. :thumbsup: :)

Nothing wrong on Hortpark, actually that is my favorite place :D but would like to get some where else. :)

For botanic garden...... I dont think there is 'flowers', just trees!

You're looking in the wrong areas.

best is ownself buy from a flowershop and then shoot i guess

can try mandai orchird garden.. just say u r there for photoshoot and u get a discounted ticket at $1.50. Not only got alot of flowers, got alot of variety of insects and birds too :)

Besides botany and horti park, you can head to Kranji, there are few nurseries then inside Zoo garden at the bay and outside orchid garden at the corner. Some naturals at Seletar, Mc Ritchi, Pulao Ubin, St Johns ..