places for budget adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
i'm into diving and backpacking..which i've only recently started (after army)..before that in poly so no financial means to go anywhere on my own...

so far i've been diving around malaysia and backpacked through parts of vietnam...

where else can one of modest means go to find some adventure and photo taking opportunities?

had bhutan in mind till i found out it wasn't really what i had in store (financially)..great opportunity it seems though...

thought of kinabalu too...

perhaps we could all share our experiences here? :)

out of singapore of course..no ubin, tekong, sister islands etc... :)

just came back from Hanoi...USD20 lasts us 3days for food... hotel stay (3star - no backpacking) USD35 per day...2 to stay per room so USD17.50 per day...

Within this region, u can also check out laos & cambodia. Basic accomodation will be about USD5-20 per pax per night. Land transportation is reasonable as well. For unknown reasons, travelling by water in Cambodia is slower & more ex.

Rajastan in India is another nice place... accomodation is fairly cheap as well.. abt USD10-20 per pax but many places have double rooms only... But I paid alot for a private car & driver.. cost me avt USD700 for abt a week inclusive of petrol & food/lodging for the driver. U can save on that if u dont mind going public.

i'm into diving and backpacking..which i've only recently started (after army)..before that in poly so no financial means to go anywhere on my own...

so far i've been diving around malaysia and backpacked through parts of vietnam...

where else can one of modest means go to find some adventure and photo taking opportunities?

had bhutan in mind till i found out it wasn't really what i had in store (financially)..great opportunity it seems though...

thought of kinabalu too...

perhaps we could all share our experiences here? :)

out of singapore of course..no ubin, tekong, sister islands etc... :)

been to Malaysia and Vietnam but you never been to Indonesia? You missed a lot in term of adventure seeking trip

no bro, haven't been to indon yet...just started exploring the region recently and i still studying, so budget is tight.. financing myself! haha

i am interested. but not so keen ard the region. been to Nepal so not sure if i want to go to bhutan. Was thinking of pakistan or sri lanka but too busy to do research. Looking for like minded travelers. Can spare Dec (some time) and definitely looking to go away during CNY.

Bandung is OK, you can get many mountain/landscape pictures out of it. Most of the tourist highlites in Bandung are mountains.
Good food, plenty of factory outlets for cheap "branded" clothing for your shopping needs.
The problem is transportation. You need to rely on the public transport and it's not actually the best in the world.
For first timer to Indonesia (java in particular), I'd recommend Jogjakarta.

Bandung is OK, you can get many mountain/landscape pictures out of it. Most of the tourist highlites in Bandung are mountains.
Good food, plenty of factory outlets for cheap "branded" clothing for your shopping needs.
The problem is transportation. You need to rely on the public transport and it's not actually the best in the world.
For first timer to Indonesia (java in particular), I'd recommend Jogjakarta.

he's seeking adventure.

Going to Jogja will result to be slacking trip. Eating, shopping, sight seeing and such. Although I agree, it is one of the safest place other than Bali for a foreign tourist

Depends on what kind of adventure you are seeking.

White water rafting, diving, mountain trekking, caving, sea shore exploration, rock climbing, etc?

diving is probably out at the moment because it'll eat up too much of my budget..but i'm open to pretty much everything else..caving sounds good

heard there are extinct volcanoes to be seen at bandung...

is bandung safe to travel on your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.