Place to get cheap 3rd party battery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

maswu

Jun 16, 2008
Singapore, Balestier
www.flickr.com
Anyone knows where to get cheap 3rd party batteries that is gd and can charge with the original charger? I'm using a 40d btw :) thanks

Eastgear seems to be pretty recommended, never tried before myself..

Most of the camera shops in the canon list would have compatible batteries. just call up and ask.

Eastgear seems to be pretty recommended, never tried before myself..

Most of the camera shops in the canon list would have compatible batteries. just call up and ask.

Yeap Eastgear is one shop you'll find 3rd party batteries, quite decent prices. Nearest MRT station is Lavander, take the exit on the opposite side of the road, away from the ICA. :)

40D, good camera, why use 3rd party batt.?

Although some may beg to differ, I say that you do get what you pay for, and 3rd party batteries can never be as good as the originals. Be warned that you may be setting yourself up for a very frustrating experience.

But yeah, for what it's worth, Eastgear seems to be the popular choice. I got 3 batts from them, and they weren't even half as good as the originals.

I find it a bit risky to follow a recommendation that the recommenders themselves haven't tried before.

Cheap is not good. Good is not cheap. (Generally, lah). Just like many, I have gone the "cheaper alternative" route before, and end up spending more on buying more 3rd party batts, and then eventually settling for the originals anyway.

However, if TS insists on getting 3rd party, I suggest he/she sticks with EastGear. At least they have a returns policy, which DOES come in handy when you receive a dead batt.

just buy from Eastgear lar, at least we know most people are happy with their batteries got it from Eastgear.

anyway, unless you shoot a lot, like everyday have a few shoots, so need many batteries each day, else does not make sense to save couple of dollar just for one spare OEM battery.

But yeah, for what it's worth, Eastgear seems to be the popular choice. I got 3 batts from them, and they weren't even half as good as the originals.

i got 2 batteries for my F810 Fuji and they don't hold the charge well at all.

i got mine from MS colour it last more shot then my originals. maybe can take a look

I buy all my extra batteries from Eastgear... from my first Panasonic FZ20 to Canon 350D to Canon Ixus 860 equivalent... all no problem... comes with 6 months warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.