Place for photo in Bangkok

ahsamhui

Apr 12, 2006
Hi,

I am going to Bangkok soon. Web search turn out mostly info on night life. I need suggestion from any bros here who have visited there recently for places to take some nice photo.

The wet market is a suitable place. How about city/landacape? Hope to do some scene with water in it such as lake.
Hotel is near Nana BTS.

Travelling as a lone ranger (in fact first time travelling alone), any precautions to take?
How much to budget for meals say in pixa hut, Swenson price range? I have a weak stomach but no trip there is complete without trying the street foods.

Will be bring D7000 plus 2 lenses and Olympus tough.

I would like to take you in advance.

Ah Sam

If you are looking to do some scenic shoots with water, then you may consider Lumpini park & Rama IX Park, the latter is a bit out of the city centre. May also try Chatuchak Park, next to the Chatuchak weekend market.

Last edited:
Read the Bangkok thread in the travel section. Logical, right?

Lumpinee Stadium. Shoot kick boxing match to train your finger on the shutter.

For 2K Baht you'll get a ring side seat and a 4 hrs (18:30 - 22:30) of 9 matches.
No match on Sundays tho.

[video=youtube;Xh2s8M3Gt7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh2s8M3Gt7E[/video]

hualompong train station..... the Grand Old Dame of railway
near also to subway station so very convenient

Hi,

I am going to Bangkok soon. Web search turn out mostly info on night life. I need suggestion from any bros here who have visited there recently for places to take some nice photo.

The wet market is a suitable place. How about city/landacape? Hope to do some scene with water in it such as lake.
Hotel is near Nana BTS.

Travelling as a lone ranger (in fact first time travelling alone), any precautions to take?
How much to budget for meals say in pixa hut, Swenson price range? I have a weak stomach but no trip there is complete without trying the street foods.

Will be bring D7000 plus 2 lenses and Olympus tough.

I would like to take you in advance.

Ah Sam

The fun part of doing travel photography is planning your own trip..

I love hunting for possible locations. It makes the trip more exciting and fun and I feel happy when I get the shot I want. Instead of doing a general search on Google, you should saerch on Flickr and 500px. Cheers.

[video=youtube;Xh2s8M3Gt7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh2s8M3Gt7E[/video]

Tsk tsk tsk... you and I walk a very different path. It seems I enjoy watching half naked men with SM streak more than half naked men with desire to be women..... :bsmilie:

DSC_1037.jpg

Last edited:
Tsk tsk tsk... you and I walk a very different path. It seems I enjoy watching half naked men with SM streak more than half naked men with desire to be women..... :bsmilie:

DSC_1037.jpg

oh i thought that that would be what TS is looking for. :bsmilie:

I'm surprise nobody mentioned the most obvious touristy venues in Bangkok, the old city centre, where the Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Arun are. You can access these area by taking the many ferry rides along the Chao Phraya river.

For food and street shopping/photography, one place would be Siam Square.

There's muay thai fight for transgender / transsexuals also, quite popular since many of them aspire to be the next Parinya Charoenphol "the beautiful boxer".

Last edited:
Hi TS, u can try Benjakiti park, but bear in mind that they close certain gates by 7pm so be sure to keep track of time while u are shooting. Wat Suthat with the giant swing is also interesting to take. That is something i hope to do on my next trip. Hope this helps.

Thank you fellow shuttlebugs.

This is my first time travelling alone, yah first time. I just need some info, the rest of the trip is to explore.

I've slao discover Nonthaburi, a quiet and laid back place. All those place that you recommended I will look for them.

Do you know how to take the boat to Chinatown? The info found on the net is not very detailed, just mentioned boat can reach there.
Actually I'm quite prepared to get lost haha.

As for you seasoned travel photographers, any tips on personal safety?
I am staying at Majestic Suites, 5min from BTS Nana.

Thank you fellow shuttlebugs.

This is my first time travelling alone, yah first time. I just need some info, the rest of the trip is to explore.

I've slao discover Nonthaburi, a quiet and laid back place. All those place that you recommended I will look for them.

Do you know how to take the boat to Chinatown? The info found on the net is not very detailed, just mentioned boat can reach there.

As for you seasoned travel photographers, any tips on personal safety?
I am staying at Majestic Suites, 5min from BTS Nana.

Passed it many times in 2007. Not bad. Rooms are upstairs. Lobby downstairs. It is in Sukhumvit near Soi 4. Walk about 200m from Nana BTS. Great location for going to Nana Plaza. Just a few steps away. You will find out what Nana Plaza is all about when you get there. Have fun. Warning - do not take photos when you are inside the Nana Plaza entertainment venues - you can get beaten up.

No need to take boat to Chinatown. That only applies if you stay at far away hotel near to a river or klong/canal. You must have got that info from the ang moh travel guides on Internet. Some ang mohs know a lot about BKK. Some ang mohs know nothing about BKK and just smoke you.

Take taxi. Taxi fare is from Sukhumvit to Yaowarat (Chinatown) about 100Baht depending on jam situation.

Or take BTS Skytrain from Nana BTS to National Stadium BTS, alite and then take taxi to Chinatown.

Or take BTS Skytrain from Nana BTS to Siam Square BTS, change line to SalaDaeng BTS. Alite, walk 25m to Silom MRT (underground train) Take the MRT to Hua Lamphong MRT. Alite and walk towards Yaowarat. You will come to TriMit Circle (some ang mohs call it Odeon Circle). There you can see a big traditional Chinese gateway with red pillars in the middle of the circle.

You will be safe from robbers. Unlike Johore Bahru, the Thais have more good sense and do not spoil their tourist trade.
But they do try to con you, so do not buy any jewellery at tourist trap rip off shops.
Beware their traffic because their road layout/highway code is different and truck drivers speed.

Majesticsuites3-small.jpg

Last edited:
Thnk you so much.

thank you Ricohflex. You are right, got my infor from tripadvisor. That's the reason I still pop over here for some advise. I will be heading down to nana plaza and soi cowboy, not bring camera.
have talked to my Thai student and the only warning is becareful of the "ladies" haha.

A bit on the airfare. heard my friend say ticket to Thailand is very cheap. I got from tigerair for $295, don't think it's cheap right? Anyway I wish to record down some info of travel hope can share with others here.

Hope to get on Baiyoke 2 Tower for arial shot. 150bht
Baiyoke Tower II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone been there? Worth it?

Just to go to the Sapan Thaksin BTS station and look for the pier. There are normal boats and the tourist boat. I tried to take the normal boat just for the sake of trying it out but the English speakers there will insist that you take the tourist boat. In the end I just gave up and took the tourist boat one-way, then found a few more friendly (i.e. not-from-boat-company) Thai that told me how to take the normal boat. If you want it easy then just take the tourist boat, it isn't too expensive and there will be loads of people willing to help you. :bsmilie: