Place for photo in Bangkok

A bit on the airfare. heard my friend say ticket to Thailand is very cheap. I got from tigerair for $295, don't think it's cheap right? Anyway I wish to record down some info of travel hope can share with others here.

Hope to get on Baiyoke 2 Tower for arial shot. 150bht
Baiyoke Tower II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

$295 is ok if it includes baggage. If you get good flight timings then prepare to pay more.

Your information is obviously outdated - you need to learn how to ensure that you are getting the latest info or you will be ill-prepared.

http://baiyokesky.baiyokehotel.com/baiyoke-observatory-point-bangkok.html

It's 400 baht at sunset timing now. Which is why I didn't go. Personally I think you might be better off going to Lebua, where you can probably grab a drink at that price. The view is also better. But well, if you really really like the Sky Tower view then you can go I guess. :) They also have a buffet which includes price of admission to the observatory.

Just to go to the Sapan Thaksin BTS station and look for the pier. There are normal boats and the tourist boat. I tried to take the normal boat just for the sake of trying it out but the English speakers there will insist that you take the tourist boat. In the end I just gave up and took the tourist boat one-way, then found a few more friendly (i.e. not-from-boat-company) Thai that told me how to take the normal boat. If you want it easy then just take the tourist boat, it isn't too expensive and there will be loads of people willing to help you. :bsmilie:

Thnk you edutilos,
I've alr found out the info for taking the boat. that's also the boat to take to Nonthaburi and the Grand Palace. The boat you're refering to their public ferry Chao Phraya River Express. Thank you all for being so helpful.

Thnk you edutilos,
I've alr found out the info for taking the boat. that's also the boat to take to Nonthaburi and the Grand Palace. The boat you're refering to their public ferry Chao Phraya River Express. Thank you all for being so helpful.

I recall I took the Orange boat. There is a little sign there that shows all the routes, but when I tried asking where to take the boat from, etc, no one wanted to help. All I got was "tourist? take blue boat (tourist boat)". One other thing is that the tourist boat will make announcements as to what attractions are at the particular stop, whereas the non-tourist boats are pretty much DIY.

Btw, if you want to do a simple crossing across the river, they also have river crossing boats going at 2-3 baht per pop (can't remember exactly how much).

Will reach hotel 10am hope they allow check in.