Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastboltnut

Mar 23, 2006
Where the wind blows...
Hi, I took this pic while enjoying the delicious lunch. Shot without flash, just lighting from the restuarant's light and natural light from the large windows. Please give me your comments to improve on food photography, like composition and lighting (should I use flash and apply in which direction is necessary).

Thanks for viewing and commenting.

2042590760_69a96cc505.jpg

Description of the taste:
Nice and delicious Seafood Pizza. The super thin crust makes the pizza extremely crispy. The inner circle of the pizza with the warm, soft cheese compliments the crispiness and hold the cracked crust together in your mouth when you chew. The fresh prawn and scallop ooze their tasty juices within you mouth and fill up your taste buds on your tongue.......simply yummy!

Hi, I took this pic while enjoying the delicious lunch. Shot without flash, just lighting from the restuarant's light and natural light from the large windows. Please give me your comments to improve on food photography, like composition and lighting (should I use flash and apply in which direction is necessary).

Thanks for viewing and commenting.

2042590760_69a96cc505.jpg

Description of the taste:
Nice and delicious Seafood Pizza. The super thin crust makes the pizza extremely crispy. The inner circle of the pizza with the warm, soft cheese compliments the crispiness and hold the cracked crust together in your mouth when you chew. The fresh prawn and scallop ooze their tasty juices within you mouth and fill up your taste buds on your tongue.......simply yummy!

Hi Lastboltnut,
I am sure you enjoy the pizza. I am even more sure the pizza tasted heavenly... :)

As for the shot, as you titled it to be... Pizza..
The focus of the shot is thrown towards the roller cutter more than the Pizza itself.
Try to keep the props for any food shots as subtle as you can. You have beautiful details on the Pizza to show, dont need the cutter to draw the attention away.
Lighting is fine for this shot, the natural window light fills most of the flame nicely..
Just work on your composition.

CHEERS!

Hi Jawsure, thanks for viewing and giving your comments. I shoot it was the roller cutter with the thought of presenting the pic with some cutlery.....Looking at it now, yah, the roller cutter does become a distraction somehow.:)

Thanks.:)

Hi Lastboltnut,
I am sure you enjoy the pizza. I am even more sure the pizza tasted heavenly... :)

As for the shot, as you titled it to be... Pizza..
The focus of the shot is thrown towards the roller cutter more than the Pizza itself.
Try to keep the props for any food shots as subtle as you can. You have beautiful details on the Pizza to show, dont need the cutter to draw the attention away.
Lighting is fine for this shot, the natural window light fills most of the flame nicely..
Just work on your composition.

CHEERS!

Glad that you see the point. Just sharing here.. hope you don't mind.
Have fun!

Of course I don't mind, suggestions/comments can be objective like technicallity or subjective like personal taste, its always good to hear more opinions and know the likings of the world. Thanks!

Glad that you see the point. Just sharing here.. hope you don't mind.
Have fun!

Hi Jawsure, thanks for viewing and giving your comments. I shoot it was the roller cutter with the thought of presenting the pic with some cutlery.....Looking at it now, yah, the roller cutter does become a distraction somehow.:)

Thanks.:)

yah.. i felt that the roller is distracting.. and it's dirty with oil and food scraps too.. might be better if it took less proportion in the frame and is a tad cleaner =)

but the pizza sure looks yummy.. lol..

Thanks sspring, I just used the cutter to cut the pizza myself mah.:bsmilie:

yah.. i felt that the roller is distracting.. and it's dirty with oil and food scraps too.. might be better if it took less proportion in the frame and is a tad cleaner =)

but the pizza sure looks yummy.. lol..

the roller will be better if its vertical and through the pizza. or at least underneath it. i also feel the composition is weird, not sure what is it exactly perhaps its the pieces of pizza adjacent to the edges of the frame on the left making it look very stiff.

More of the pizza could be shown with depth of field in play? roller go away la haha go more to the side :bsmilie:

composition issues (which others have mentioned) aside, yeah, i echo ssping83's comments that the roller cutter is too dirty. all the oil n grime r to me, the deciding factors why the shot would not work if used for an advert.

the oil n dirt serves as a very loud reminder of the unhealthy components of the pizza. singaporeans are on the whole, getting more health conscious. showing them outright the amount of oil used will drive them away.

just my 2 cents. :)

Thanks sprintist for your comments.....Really have to keep in mind to make the props subtle in future.:)

the roller will be better if its vertical and through the pizza. or at least underneath it. i also feel the composition is weird, not sure what is it exactly perhaps its the pieces of pizza adjacent to the edges of the frame on the left making it look very stiff.

More of the pizza could be shown with depth of field in play? roller go away la haha go more to the side :bsmilie:

Thank you SBG for the comments.:)

composition issues (which others have mentioned) aside, yeah, i echo ssping83's comments that the roller cutter is too dirty. all the oil n grime r to me, the deciding factors why the shot would not work if used for an advert.

the oil n dirt serves as a very loud reminder of the unhealthy components of the pizza. singaporeans are on the whole, getting more health conscious. showing them outright the amount of oil used will drive them away.

just my 2 cents. :)

Hi tribal.snake, I have another shot with more pizza.....will post when I have it ready.

As for the DOF, how much do you think is better? For this one I only intended for one slice of Pizza, mainly on that one prawn and scallop.....u prefer the background prawn to be sharp too? Thanks.:)

would like to see more pizza.
dof too shallow.

I like the pic...I think it is well composed & lighting is sufficient...lovely juicy scallop....makes me hungry :p

Please take the picture osf pizza and avoid the picture of rolling cutter.

Wah the picture is TERRIBLY FLAT and the CAPTION IS IMMATURE HALP!

Wah the picture is TERRIBLY FLAT and the CAPTION IS IMMATURE HALP!

please refrain from using capitalization unnecessarily, and be clear and concise in what you're trying to convey. tips and guidelines on comments can be found in the following -> http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=273343

Sorry about that but it was a moment's spur.

Well firsty the pizza is already so flat, and the angle in which you are taking the picture makes the pizza look even more flat than before, which really isnt gonna work at all.

Secondly, is this for commercial or personal use? If youre trying to sell it to the shop please dont, the caption looks like a joke really.

Status
Not open for further replies.