Pixelated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmeptb72

Nov 25, 2006
West
CNY6.jpg

Hi, I'm having seriously pixelated pictures when I use my macro lens for macro shots - this even without cropping & resizing at low ISO settings.

Can this problem be fixed by sending the lens for calibration?

many thanks

CNY6.jpg

Hi, I'm having seriously pixelated pictures when I use my macro lens for macro shots - this even without cropping & resizing at low ISO settings.

Can this problem be fixed by sending the lens for calibration?

many thanks
i don see anything wrong... only heavy jpg compression artifacts.

i don see anything wrong... only heavy jpg compression artifacts.

Hi ExplorerZ,

thanks for viewing & your comments. The pixelated portion (some colours are "squarish") is on the top right side of the picture. The sad thing is even the original picture downloaded from the CF card has this problem whereas I don't have this problem when I use my wide angle zoom lens.:dunno:

Yeah it is there. :)

What is your jpg compression and resolution PSI?
Do you have the raw image?

Size of original pic is 3072 x 2048 pixels - 180dpi for both horizontal & vertical resolution.
Don't have software for RAW file opening & extraction - pics were taken in large-fine JPG format.

Size of original pic is 3072 x 2048 pixels - 180dpi for both horizontal & vertical resolution.
Don't have software for RAW file opening & extraction - pics were taken in large-fine JPG format.
file size when taking the picture? poor jpg compression can also cause those boxy artifacts

file size when taking the picture? poor jpg compression can also cause those boxy artifacts

2.05mb. Other than problems due to heavy jpg compression, are there any other common causes for pixelated pics?

Many thanks to you guys for taking your time to read & give your comments...:thumbsup:

2.05mb. Other than problems due to heavy jpg compression, are there any other common causes for pixelated pics?

Many thanks to you guys for taking your time to read & give your comments...:thumbsup:
sensor or processing engine(camera) could be a problem as well. maybe can you post a link to a full resolution unedited photos that have this problem.

The original looks ok with some obvious chromatic noise, considering that it was taken at ISO 400.

BTW, the 180 dpi in the picture has no bearing on the resolution because it's just a number which determines the picture size on paper if you print yourself on your own printer.

The origional one is perfectly ok on my lightroom beta @ 100%.

:think: hmmm... you're right about this. Was going through the original in the afternoon & saw the problem & now the problem in it & the re-edited version are gone.

Pai seh...

:think: hmmm... you're right about this. Was going through the original in the afternoon & saw the problem & now the problem in it & the re-edited version are gone.

Pai seh...
erm so in that case, most probably due to poor jpg compression or maybe even something that goes wrong during editing like resize algo.

Status
Not open for further replies.