pixel count

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelmetBox

Sep 9, 2003
Help.

I'm new to digital photography and need some help on pixels.

I'm intending to shrink my digital pics but then do not know how much to shrink to prevent any quality lose when developing. So can anyone of you provide me with some help?

What are the standard pixels (xxx by xxx) for a 3R print, 4R print and a 8R print?

Thank you all.

1) Why do u need to shrink them? I think photo dev shops shd be able to handle the res. for ur digital cam... just send it as it is.

2) Did you mean cropping? And resizing it back after cropping?

iz_k said:
1) Why do u need to shrink them? I think photo dev shops shd be able to handle the res. for ur digital cam... just send it as it is.

2) Did you mean cropping? And resizing it back after cropping?

I want to shrink them so that my harddisk can store more pics.

As I normally develop 4R prints, I do not need to keep a 3M Pix file which often takes up to 1Mb. So I wish to know what is the pix count for normal print sizes so that I can shrink the pics and not fear losing any quality when I develop them.

The quality does get affected when I crop the file right? What I mean is if I crop a file from lets say 6M pix to 1M pix and then I decide to get a A4 size or bigger print, the quality will be affected as the pix count for 1M is not enough. True?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.