piracy crackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkForce

May 1, 2004
newbie land
For those who are still not aware. The news reported that

"33 Internet users here probed in piracy crackdown. POLICE are investigating 33 home Internet users here for illegally distributing music files online, as part of a global piracy crackdown by the music industry"

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm
i wonder if exchanging unlicenced anime also will get probed anot...

I sure hope not!! :bigeyes:

soon... every data will be screened by your ISP/RIAS before reaching the other party.

Drudkh said:
soon... every data will be screened by your ISP before reaching the other party.

technically, every data IS screened by your ISP before reaching the other party... its just that they did not do a 100% check yet...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
technically, every data IS screened by your ISP before reaching the other party... its just that they did not do a 100% check yet...
yes technically. but got email reply they say no leh. ;p

All internet traffic are routed via ur ISP's proxy server.

Which effectively means that all ur traffic are logged.
In addition to that, if ur ISP decided to play sneaky, they can install a network packet sniffer along their gateway to log every single friggin' thing u typed and are sending across the internet to the other party.

Currently there is no way to bypass ur ISP's proxy server unless u don't surf the net. :)

Drudkh said:

ask them to cross their heart & hope to die? ;p

think there would be alot of dead corpse at data centre by now...

btw, even MMS are monitored lor.. where did privacy went? out the window, direct to mass burial... :angry:

Drudkh said:
'By Right' they say they dun log... but 'by left'... who knows what the hell they are doing huh? ;)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ask them to cross their heart & hope to die? ;p

think there would be alot of dead corpse at data centre by now...

btw, even MMS are monitored lor.. where did privacy went? out the window, direct to mass burial... :angry:
Did it even exist in the first place? ;)

Not in this entire planet. Privacy is non-existent anyway. :D

Do u guys tink these 33 are seeders or even just bittorent 'downloaders'?...haizz...
Fond memories of good old Sim Lim..

And those days when, if you purchase a system at a PCshow, you can simply pass along a whole list of softwares and they come shipped with them!kekeke..

Sorry maybe OT a bit..;)

i think this move was to infrom the locals that the music industry is doing something. the new was made the front page and scary. seriously, there millions of people are exhanging digital music illegally but only 33 lucky ones are being caught.

firestone said:
Do u guys tink these 33 are seeders or even just bittorent 'downloaders'?...haizz...

And those days when, if you purchase a system at a PCshow, you can simply pass along a whole list of softwares and they come shipped with them!kekeke..

Sorry maybe OT a bit..;)
ya those were the days when my pocket money per mth is only 500... dang...

but i still buy original games & software thou...

Goldmember said:
i think this move was to infrom the locals that the music industry is doing something. the new was made the front page and scary. seriously, there millions of people are exhanging digital music illegally but only 33 lucky ones are being caught.

hmm sounds like a lucky draw & i think those 33 just filled in too many contest forms... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm sounds like a lucky draw & i think those 33 just filled in too many contest forms... :bsmilie:

:bsmilie:

haha long ago, the whole of sim lim was selling pirated software! not just a few shops man...
but then again, the games then were'nt that good...
i remember some of the yucky ones:
math blaster
freddy fish
Putt Putt

firestone said:

Sorry maybe OT a bit..;)

I think they were caught because they were using Kazaa most likely..Kazza is one big spyware in itself, how hard would it be for the law enforcer to task their own IT people to go online and bait unsuspecting people not too internet or PC savvy. They will be the first to get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.