- the at and atdt
- PCs have a turbo switch
- apple computers have green monitors
- PC have CGA 4 colour display
- write and talk commands
- singtel was push teleview

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

LazerLordz said:
BBS eh..are you into MUD?In those days..remember when having a US Robotics 56K modem meant people looked up to you man..and CD writers cost 2k.:p

hehehe still long before that... imagine my 1st modem was a 2400bps... read bps... but when i 1st saw, its even worse than 2400... hehehe... and its the 'fastest' at that time... till i retire it for a 28.8kbps den alot of 56k (doing bridging when i got 2 telephone lines... hehehe)

and ya... was among the '1st' to touch a philips CDR drive... and it doesn't even come with a fancy box... oh ya, touch doesn't mean i bought... touched... ahhhhhhh :bsmilie:

idor said:
to add on to that,
- wordstar seems to be most popular wordprocessor (cos its bundled free... every exhibition sure give 1, esp when u study at informatics or some computer school... i still prefer wordperfect...)
- the at and atdt
- PCs have a turbo switch (and some thought that the LED is true indicator somemore... its just a set of pins we set lor... u wan 99/99 also can... haha... 8/16... those were the days...)
- apple computers have green monitors (but they have pacman thou... btw i still dun understand wats up with LOGO... or something like tat name...)
- PC have CGA 4 colour display (thats the best i can go... CMYK... beyond that i'm still blind... at least digger seem colorful...)
- write and talk commands
- singtel was push teleview

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

hehehe.... i edit yours...

Well, Ironic.

i see a few people posting here shares music and anime, and yet, they shoot other thread starters who are looking for cheap or free photographers. Protects your own market but spoil other people's market? very funny.

You guys expect people to PAY for your PRO services in photography but at the same time dont want to pay for other's services. Damn ironic.

I hope i dont see any guys who shares music condemning threads looking for FREE or Cheap photographers, because you people did just the same. no difference to me.:thumbsd:

:dunno: who?

Quiksilvers said:
Well, Ironic.

i see a few people posting here shares music and anime, and yet, they shoot other thread starters who are looking for cheap or free photographers. Protects your own market but spoil other people's market? very funny.

You guys expect people to PAY for your PRO services in photography but at the same time dont want to pay for other's services. Damn ironic.

I hope i dont see any guys who shares music condemning threads looking for FREE or Cheap photographers, because you people did just the same. no difference to me.:thumbsd:

vince123123 said:
:dunno: who?

must be aiming the #2 poster lor... :bsmilie:

think tonight i must go home & layout all my original animations (from US/japan... boxsets...) take picture den tell ppl i support original... but problem is, wu hua bo? (worth it anot, den sound like i taking free photos...) :bsmilie:

Hehe you sure he aiming you arh? Let him come out and say it lor if he dare :p HEHE :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
must be aiming the #2 poster lor... :bsmilie:

think tonight i must go home & layout all my original animations (from US/japan... boxsets...) take picture den tell ppl i support original... but problem is, wu hua bo? (worth it anot, den sound like i taking free photos...) :bsmilie:

vince123123 said:
Hehe you sure he aiming you arh? Let him come out and say it lor if he dare :p HEHE :bsmilie:

cannot blame him lah... we did in fact trash that thread... hehe...

but i wonder if he understood whats called fansub, unlicensed... and unlicensed does not mean pirated ok...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
cannot blame him lah... we did in fact trash that thread... hehe...

but i wonder if he understood whats called fansub, unlicensed... and unlicensed does not mean pirated ok...

okay lah back to topic.....

I heard this on TV many years ago maybe outdated liao.. i dun know.... what does it mean when you buy a cd be it music or software? For music, you do not own the rights to that particular song. you just own the right to listen to that song at 1 place at 1 time. as for software, when you buy that software box, you actually buy the right to install and run the software from 1 pc at 1 time....

Keeping that in mind, what happens when your cd gets damaged and your hdd crash... you still have the right to listen to that song or run that software... but unfortunately you lose the ability to listen to the song or to reinstall the software. will music company like sony BMG send you another cd and make you pay a nominal fee for the replacement cd? of course not... they will tell you to buy a new one.. and you will now have 1 cd but the rights to listen to the song at the same time in 2 places. but if you were to make a copy and give it away they will cry foul play and say you break their copyright... this same theory also applies to some software companies....

But when they copy other people's technology what happens? they will do some out of court settlement paying a few millions which is spare change to them..... but when we copy programs/music illegally what happens? we get fined real bad and may even go to jail.....

So my own opinion, all these intellectual copyright is just a load of BS..... it is just some mechanism to help the rich get richer and as for the not so rich.... too bad for you....

idor said:
okay lah back to topic.....

I heard this on TV many years ago maybe outdated liao.. i dun know.... what does it mean when you buy a cd be it music or software? For music, you do not own the rights to that particular song. you just own the right to listen to that song at 1 place at 1 time. as for software, when you buy that software box, you actually buy the right to install and run the software from 1 pc at 1 time....

Keeping that in mind, what happens when your cd gets damaged and your hdd crash... you still have the right to listen to that song or run that software... but unfortunately you lose the ability to listen to the song or to reinstall the software. will music company like sony BMG send you another cd and make you pay a nominal fee for the replacement cd? of course not... they will tell you to buy a new one.. and you will now have 1 cd but the rights to listen to the song at the same time in 2 places. but if you were to make a copy and give it away they will cry foul play and say you break their copyright... this same theory also applies to some software companies....

But when they copy other people's technology what happens? they will do some out of court settlement paying a few millions which is spare change to them..... but when we copy programs/music illegally what happens? we get fined real bad and may even go to jail.....

So my own opinion, all these intellectual copyright is just a load of BS..... it is just some mechanism to help the rich get richer and as for the not so rich.... too bad for you....

for CD, i think your theory works, and damn... i have few cds that have repeated tracks, supporting doubles... :bsmilie:

anyway, for software now, they have already introduced CD-Key, and activation, so it kinda deter duplication already... but something i really dun get it... does the license usage warrant to only 1 user, or 1 computer... cos if i have a PC with multiple user login, then will they sue me? or if i am buying a single user license, then i am using 2 or more pc and only used by myself, can i install in all of them?... so in such case, how should they classify their license? (in such case, i think microsoft do it quite well, others is still very vague...)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
for CD, i think your theory works, and damn... i have few cds that have repeated tracks, supporting doubles... :bsmilie:

anyway, for software now, they have already introduced CD-Key, and activation, so it kinda deter duplication already... but something i really dun get it... does the license usage warrant to only 1 user, or 1 computer... cos if i have a PC with multiple user login, then will they sue me? or if i am buying a single user license, then i am using 2 or more pc and only used by myself, can i install in all of them?... so in such case, how should they classify their license? (in such case, i think microsoft do it quite well, others is still very vague...)

from my knowledge, the licence varies from company to company. but this whole thing is a big big mess... again... its to make some pple rich..... :confused:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

Of course, you don't download pirated music, but merely unlicensed music...

A rose by another name is still a rose.

idor said:
- singtel was push teleview :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hey... i remember Teleview... i took part in a teleview designing contest as part of my jc team.. remember that they had wireless orange-coloured keyboards then.. Wah, all seem like a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.