piracy crackdown


Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkForce

Senior Member
May 1, 2004
1,971
0
0
newbie land
#1
For those who are still not aware. The news reported that

"33 Internet users here probed in piracy crackdown. POLICE are investigating 33 home Internet users here for illegally distributing music files online, as part of a global piracy crackdown by the music industry"
 

nyxx88

Senior Member
Nov 17, 2004
2,092
0
0
#3
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm
i wonder if exchanging unlicenced anime also will get probed anot...
I sure hope not!! :bigeyes:
 

Drudkh

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2004
6,129
0
0
lulu island
#4
soon... every data will be screened by your ISP/RIAS before reaching the other party.
 

Drudkh

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2004
6,129
0
0
lulu island
#6
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
technically, every data IS screened by your ISP before reaching the other party... its just that they did not do a 100% check yet...
yes technically. but got email reply they say no leh. ;p
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#7
All internet traffic are routed via ur ISP's proxy server.

Which effectively means that all ur traffic are logged.
In addition to that, if ur ISP decided to play sneaky, they can install a network packet sniffer along their gateway to log every single friggin' thing u typed and are sending across the internet to the other party.

Currently there is no way to bypass ur ISP's proxy server unless u don't surf the net. :)
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#8
Drudkh said:
yes technically. but got email reply they say no leh. ;p
ask them to cross their heart & hope to die? ;p

think there would be alot of dead corpse at data centre by now...

btw, even MMS are monitored lor.. where did privacy went? out the window, direct to mass burial... :angry:
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#9
Drudkh said:
yes technically. but got email reply they say no leh. ;p
'By Right' they say they dun log... but 'by left'... who knows what the hell they are doing huh? ;)
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#10
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ask them to cross their heart & hope to die? ;p

think there would be alot of dead corpse at data centre by now...

btw, even MMS are monitored lor.. where did privacy went? out the window, direct to mass burial... :angry:
Did it even exist in the first place? ;)

Not in this entire planet. Privacy is non-existent anyway. :D
 

firestone

New Member
Mar 2, 2003
391
0
0
West
www.redmonsoon.com
#11
Do u guys tink these 33 are seeders or even just bittorent 'downloaders'?...haizz...
Fond memories of good old Sim Lim..

And those days when, if you purchase a system at a PCshow, you can simply pass along a whole list of softwares and they come shipped with them!kekeke..

Sorry maybe OT a bit..;)
 

Dec 2, 2002
374
0
0
67
Moon
#12
i think this move was to infrom the locals that the music industry is doing something. the new was made the front page and scary. seriously, there millions of people are exhanging digital music illegally but only 33 lucky ones are being caught.
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#13
firestone said:
Do u guys tink these 33 are seeders or even just bittorent 'downloaders'?...haizz...
Fond memories of good old Sim Lim..

And those days when, if you purchase a system at a PCshow, you can simply pass along a whole list of softwares and they come shipped with them!kekeke..

Sorry maybe OT a bit..;)
ya those were the days when my pocket money per mth is only 500... dang...

but i still buy original games & software thou...
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#14
Goldmember said:
i think this move was to infrom the locals that the music industry is doing something. the new was made the front page and scary. seriously, there millions of people are exhanging digital music illegally but only 33 lucky ones are being caught.
hmm sounds like a lucky draw & i think those 33 just filled in too many contest forms... :bsmilie:
 

glennyong

Senior Member
May 2, 2004
5,587
0
0
Singapore
#15
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm sounds like a lucky draw & i think those 33 just filled in too many contest forms... :bsmilie:
:bsmilie:
:bsmilie:
:bsmilie:
 

Oct 11, 2005
174
0
0
#16
haha long ago, the whole of sim lim was selling pirated software! not just a few shops man...
but then again, the games then were'nt that good...
i remember some of the yucky ones:
math blaster
freddy fish
Putt Putt
 

#19
firestone said:
Do u guys tink these 33 are seeders or even just bittorent 'downloaders'?...haizz...
Fond memories of good old Sim Lim..

And those days when, if you purchase a system at a PCshow, you can simply pass along a whole list of softwares and they come shipped with them!kekeke..

Sorry maybe OT a bit..;)
I think they were caught because they were using Kazaa most likely..Kazza is one big spyware in itself, how hard would it be for the law enforcer to task their own IT people to go online and bait unsuspecting people not too internet or PC savvy. They will be the first to get caught.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom