Pinnacle@duxton

Status
Not open for further replies.
duxton.... a fabulous development! just thinking about the view from 50 stories up..... ;p

adeline said:
had a veri tiring day working as a customer service personnel working for duxton today

stand for 11 hours .. answering questions from all sorts of people from all sorts of life
and the most humourous part is that people do steal and break things from the showroom

one elmo was lost.. and a mock wardrobe was nearly demolished from the public.

Good thing is no one was injured .. else ..... big consequences

one advice for the ppl intendin to go to duxton

pls dont touch n here.... ...... :cry:

singaporean :sweat: :sweat:

BTW, I didn't know that they are the mthly charge like codo.
The adv does not say this.

Wow seems like the response is really lukewarm concerning the new HDB development.

Yeah there is a monthly charge of $90, if I am not wrong.. Well that is still less than what the condos normally charge a month of ~ 250-350!!!!

But I do have to agree that the flats are little pricey... Imagine how much it will cost to get one with seaview and on the 50th storey :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

But Mpenza is definitely right about flats in the central location costing more $$$, a friend just bought a 5 room at the whampoa/kallang area for $300K!!!!

I shall drop by this Vesak day to have a look.. Any clubsnappers going too :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I think as far as mass housing goes, it really is difficult to balance both price and practicality and making it affordable.

Looking at the design of the development, I am proud that this is the entry that was selected, among the hundreds of entries, from small and big architecture firms all over the world. In the end, it was a small (husband and wife team actually) from Spore that won the design competition. For a while, it was not going to be built, but I guess the government changed its mind.

If anyone wants to talk about expensive pricing, then look at the resale value of flats, which even though are about 15-20 years old, in the outskirts of town. Prime locations of flats along the MRT from Clementi to City Hall, and from Aljunied MRT to city Hall, cost between $280,000- $300,000 for a 4A-room, to about $370,000-$450,000 for a 5-room. So comparatively, the Pinnacle is actually cheaper, considering it's brand new, and at a good location.

However, my only gripe is that the S2 type is pegged at the same as a 5-room flat. But the S2 is about 108sqm, whcih is far less than the traditional 5-room, average of about 120sqm.

I think flats are generally getting smaller, due to the design, and to SCDF requirements (bomb shelter). :)

fruitybix said:
I think as far as mass housing goes, it really is difficult to balance both price and practicality and making it affordable.

Looking at the design of the development, I am proud that this is the entry that was selected, among the hundreds of entries, from small and big architecture firms all over the world. In the end, it was a small (husband and wife team actually) from Spore that won the design competition. For a while, it was not going to be built, but I guess the government changed its mind.

If anyone wants to talk about expensive pricing, then look at the resale value of flats, which even though are about 15-20 years old, in the outskirts of town. Prime locations of flats along the MRT from Clementi to City Hall, and from Aljunied MRT to city Hall, cost between $280,000- $300,000 for a 4A-room, to about $370,000-$450,000 for a 5-room. So comparatively, the Pinnacle is actually cheaper, considering it's brand new, and at a good location.

However, my only gripe is that the S2 type is pegged at the same as a 5-room flat. But the S2 is about 108sqm, whcih is far less than the traditional 5-room, average of about 120sqm.

I think flats are generally getting smaller, due to the design, and to SCDF requirements (bomb shelter). :)

you are right about the price
but the recent 5 room flats are abt 110 sq m
so this is ain't far off.

Would "they" allow ppl to take photos at the top when the 50 story is built? :think:
Or "they" would behave like Esplanade, here cannot there also cannot, the Cisco guards just appear suddenly the minute you are in "their" territory.

dun know whether duxton got security guards anot, if not then we can go up to 50th storey and snap snap and catch the sea view .. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i personally think tat it will very noisy @ nite.....i hav live in IP with gf before.....the AYE+ECP & PSA's noise can make u go cazy(i like 'slient nite')........i barely live for 6 months........before i mov to somewhere else.......

ClubSNAP has 8300 members, if everyone contribute $100, we can buy 1 unit and make it a ClubSNAP club house.
(Darren ok? I prefer the 1 on the 50th story facing the sea)

Astin said:
ClubSNAP has 8300 members, if everyone contribute $100, we can buy 1 unit and make it a ClubSNAP club house.

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Astin said:

:think: :think: :think:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

(just to follow the trend)

astin you're joking right

fruitybix said:
In the end, it was a small (husband and wife team actually) from Spore that won the design competition.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:cheergal: :cheergal: :cheergal:

Remember u are getting a 99yr LEASEHOLD HDB property. For that amt of $$$, why not top up ard S$100k~S$200K more for a resale FREEHOLD apartment instead??Or maybe a resale/new 99yr LEASEHOLD condo wif exclusive facilities??

kongg said:
Remember u are getting a 99yr LEASEHOLD HDB property. For that amt of $$$, why not top up ard S$100k~S$200K more for a resale FREEHOLD apartment instead??Or maybe a resale/new 99yr LEASEHOLD condo wif exclusive facilities??

what's so great about FREEHOLD property?? you pay more for older space which may not outperform LEASEHOLD property in rental yield and capital gains.

Leasehold properties' values depreciate as time goes by. With regards to Freehold properties, they tend to retain their value better. In gloomy economic times, freehold property prices will fall but not as drastic as those of Leasehold properties.

Ie Freehold bought at TOP:- S$900,000
Bank/valuers indication after 4 yrs:-S$880,000
Resale transacted price in bad economy:-S$750,000

Leasehold property at TOP:-S$900,000
Bank/valuers indication after 4 yrs:- S$863,640(Continues to depreciate over time)
Resale transacted price in bad economy:-S$430,000

The rental market situation at this point in time for 60 yrs Leasehold(Industrial) and 99yrs(Residential) is weak. Landlords/owners are very fortunate to get yields of 5%. In some instances, these properties are still left vacant/unoccupied. However, freehold rental yields especially in premium areas like Orchard Road can be as high as 8%.

kongg said:
Leasehold properties' values depreciate as time goes by. With regards to Freehold properties, they tend to retain their value better. In gloomy economic times, freehold property prices will fall but not as drastic as those of Leasehold properties.

Bank/valuers indication after 4 yrs:- S$863,640(Continues to depreciate over time)

The rental market situation at this point in time for 60 yrs Leasehold(Industrial) and 99yrs(Residential) is weak. Landlords/owners are very fortunate to get yields of 5%. In some instances, these properties are still left vacant/unoccupied. However, freehold rental yields especially in premium areas like Orchard Road can be as high as 8%.

To any tenant, location is the main factor, they dun care if the unit they are renting is 99 or 999 or freehold.
You can buy a 99yr private unit valued at 400-600k then rent it out at $1000-1500 monthly. Tenant won't ask you how much the value of the leasehold property. They are more concern by the location, facilities, rental.

kongg said:
For that amt of $$$, why not top up ard S$100k~S$200K more for a resale FREEHOLD apartment instead??

Wah top up $100k to $200K!!!
:bigeyes:

Hmmm that is putting it rather simplistically. If I have that extra $100K to $200K, I rather use it so that I can take a smaller loan and be debt free earlier.

kongg said:

leasehold rental yields in orchard road or other *premium* areas will be even higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.