Pinnacle@duxton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee2003

Nov 28, 2003
Paya Lebar
Was just wondering whether any fellow clubsnap members intend to book a unit at this development? :)

i have thought abt it.....but they are a little on the pricey side....for a HDB development.....

But the view must be terrific from so high up.....and the concept is really radical....

wanted to but its too high priced.. somemore every mth must pay extra charges like condos

only saw tv ad once. don't recall the concept really, a lady jogging around and waving at neighbours? latent social engineering msg? :)

looks like they are getting good responses having been oversubscribed on the first day already.

personally i think duxton plain is nothing more than 14 blocks of hdb slab blocks with 7 stacked on the other 7, making 7 super tall blocks with intermittent void decks, the so-called roof gradens and what not are nothing fresh, to me it's just an urban wall stuck onto the piece of land ... i dun see any 'radical-ness' in their concept whatsoever, in fact alot other entries in the competition matched if not surpassed the winning design in terms of redefining the urban way of life in mass-housing projects ... and yes it is very expensive, if not how are they going to make money

1st thought that came to my mind.....

Those who have a tendency to forget where they park their car better not stay there.

Just imagine the size and levels of the carpark required to accommodate estimately 2016 cars.

Prime Location.....? the existing traffic condition during peak hour....plus another 1-2000 cars.

Maybe better for people who don't drive.

It's a HDB flat with a price of an EC..... plus the $8k income ceiling still apply. I'm surprised if they manage to sell off all 1800+ units...

Too ex for a HDB flats. But I think good location to shoot city scape.

Aton said:
1st thought that came to my mind.....

Those who have a tendency to forget where they park their car better not stay there.

Just imagine the size and levels of the carpark required to accommodate estimately 2016 cars.

Prime Location.....? the existing traffic condition during peak hour....plus another 1-2000 cars.

Maybe better for people who don't drive.

maybe the people who are going to live there have the money to buy the house but no more money to buy a car kekekek :bsmilie:

In every generations in Singapore, there were, are and will always be 'suckers' who will jump into any new and radical in concept. Contemplate wisely before wetting your feet.

Anyway......the concept I must say is quite good.....Dont think any private development has this concept of having floating walkways at 50 storeys high.......

Except the pricing is a little on the steep side i must say....

Seems like the response here is lukewarm at best....

finally saw the pricing info at HDB's website:

The apartments at The Pinnacle@Duxton are classified as "S" or Special apartments in view of its historical significance and award-winning design. In Phase 1, there are 352 units of Type S1 apartments with floor areas ranging from 93 to 97 sqm, and 176 units of Type S2 apartments with floor areas ranging from 105 to 108 sqm. For application of HDB policies, S1 and S2 apartments will be treated as 4-room and 5-room flats respectively.

5The indicative prices of the apartments at The Pinnacle@Duxton offered in the Phase 1 BTO launch start from $289,200 for a S1 apartment and $345,100 for a S2 apartment.

Think the prices are a bit low actually.... in comparison to the new batches of flats from Toa Payoh, Redhill and Tiong Bahru. I remembered some of these were priced around $400k for 5 room!

I don't think new 5 room flats were going for $400... maybe resale...

leadwe said:
I don't think new 5 room flats were going for $400... maybe resale...

prices I quoted were for some of the walk-in selection flats one or two years back. the flats at central location are much more expensive than those in the suburbs. 5-room resales (the newer ones) could still fetch $500k or more at Toa Payoh, Bukit Merah and Queenstown.

you could search for resale prices here:
http://www7.hdb.gov.sg/bb33/ispm051p.nsf/Search

Toa Payoh prices seems to have gone down a bit though.

the price is one thing... think of the monthly charge you got to pay.. that is recurring... apart from the installment. It is the hidden cost.

had a veri tiring day working as a customer service personnel working for duxton today

stand for 11 hours .. answering questions from all sorts of people from all sorts of life
and the most humourous part is that people do steal and break things from the showroom

one elmo was lost.. and a mock wardrobe was nearly demolished from the public.

Good thing is no one was injured .. else ..... big consequences

one advice for the ppl intendin to go to duxton

pls dont touch n here.... ...... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.