Pinnacle@Duxton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinnacle@Duxton Quick Info: http://www.pinnacleduxton.com.sg/

50th Storey Skybridge
Opening Hours :
Opening Hours of 26th Storey Skybridge to PUBLIC : No Access :nono:
Opening Hours of 50th Storey Skybridge to PUBLIC : 9 a.m. to 10 p.m :bigeyes:
Entry Price: pay $5 per person per entry. The charge is imposed to help defray the operation cost of the access system.

The Pinnacle@Duxton is a public housing project and hence, the 50th storey skybridge is open to both residents and the public. Residents and the public will be able to enjoy scenic views of the city from the 50th storey skybridge of this public housing project.
Capacity

Quota
To minimise disamenities, only 200 members of public can access the 50th storey skybridge per day. In addition, at any one time, only 100 members of the public will be allowed on the skybridge. The quota is subject to review.

Once the quota of 200 is met for the day, i.e. 200 members of the public have visited the skybridge, no further access by the public will be allowed on the same day.

psky_06_s.jpg
psky_03_s.jpg
pskyr_03_s.jpg

Rules on Usage of Skybridges:

• No pets
  • No smoking
  • No touting or soliciting
  • No loud music or noises
  • No littering or vandalism
  • No food and beverage, or barbequing
  • No hanging of laundry or any other article
  • No biking, skateboarding and other similar activities
  • No tables and chairs, setting up of tents or camping
  • No storing of personal property or blocking of any entrance or exit
  • No part of the skybridges shall be used by anyone as their own garden

i went last Sat...

i would say for for $5, once in a while is okay.

good place for dating couples lah...

But how early should we go there. Was there any queue. Is it crowded ? thanks.

But how early should we go there. Was there any queue. Is it crowded ? thanks.

I went up last Saturday at 530pm, not many people. Saw photographers but not many, I think less than 30 PG.

Overall, I think it's worthy to go up, the skyline is very nice! Can see sunset at 630-7pm.

There is no queue.

went there sat evening, payment must be made using EZ link / MRT card at Blk 1G (we were blurr blurr when the security told us EZ link cause i m used to calling it MRT card:bsmilie::bsmilie:).

at 50th floor, there will also be security there. to enter sky garden, u have to go through a rotary gate, which u must tap it with the card which u made the payment.

exiting is by the same gate, 1G, same thing u have to tape it with the same card.

personally, i feel the view is not as good as the 24th floor iirc at bras brasah complex. the is a big gap between the railing to the edge of the building due to rail way for the window cleaning crane. also, all i see is PSA's cranes, the container port & cargo ships when looking south toward the see.

looking north see chinatown and outram park area.

for resident, its open from 6am.

for public is 9am to 10pm. but best go around 9:30am as they have to start the computer.....

Last edited:
still havent found a reason to go as my spot is good enough.

971a7d5b.jpg

Got view of city skyline.

70d25c1b.jpg

Got view of airplanes.

0408540c.jpg

I even got a clear view of it.

And the place is free.

still havent found a reason to go as my spot is good enough.

971a7d5b.jpg

Got view of city skyline.

70d25c1b.jpg

Got view of airplanes.

0408540c.jpg

I even got a clear view of it.

And the place is free.

err.. can go ur place shoot? must pay or not?:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Must we enter from block G? I have seen people entering from A block but they are resident. I have went up block A twice but not yet gone in.

Must we enter from block G? I have seen people entering from A block but they are resident. I have went up block A twice but not yet gone in.

i only see the security with the payment system at blk 1G.

i went there last sat.

the railings (where the "gondolar") is spoiling the photos. sians.

but i think its more suitable for evening photos.

how come no one posted photos of the Duxton? saw some PGs there last saturday

As Dennis mentioned, the double rail limits the angles of shots, and quite a large angle of the sea all you see is nothing but cranes and industrial crap. Not exactly conducive for beautiful shots, and the very few, rare nicer angles - everyone will start getting the same exact shots over and over again. Sightseeing - only can look upwards towards the stars. Look straight or slightly downwards all you see is the RAIL blocking you!

One way to get SLIGHTLY better shots is to 'elevate' yourself at least 4-7 feet off the ground to 'bypass' some of the outer rail. But you'll need a super duper steady tripod like a Manfrotto Triman 028 minimum or the largest Gitzo Tele Studex series to tahan the very strong winds for longer exposures.

It's really unfortunate - 50th story seems like a really nice idea at first.

The website says

"If you encounter problem in entering or exiting the skybridge, please visit the Managing Office at Blk 1G, Level 1."

If problem Exiting goto level 1?:dunno::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.