hhho

Nov 2, 2003
West
Visit site
Hi! just share a pink dragonfly resting on the rock

P7230629_copy.jpg

Comments are welcome.
Thank you.

good angle. lots of dragonfly to see and nice colours and patterns (but all these credit to Nature). As for your part, the granite background interferes with the dragon's beauty esp the patterning on its wings. One solution is to have very very shallow DOF, maybe just 1 cm or less, such that the background is OOF. Then again I am not sure. Needs some more strong directional lighting to really make the wings stand out. Maybe the whole natural setup just cannot work for a photograph.

Thank you for your comments, Espion

his DOF is already quite shallow i think... the head is a bit OOF already.
in this pic, the focus seems to be on the lower pair of wings. i think its important to focus on the head/eyes :)

Than you, Zaknafein
you are right.
The picture was taken with the smaller F-stop 4.5, 200mm focal lenght, shutter speed 1/80s
This dragonfly was facing the wind direction as my focus was on its wing veins. it was moving up and down because of strong wind.
I was trying to capture it from top down view so may be the head portion could be out of focus

This is still a good shot despite the shallow DOF,
would suggest for some minor photoshopping.
Since the dragonfly is your main subject, try darkening the concrete, as it really causes a distraction, also, vignetting the corners.
Just a suggestion :)

matthiascr said:
This is still a good shot despite the shallow DOF,
would suggest for some minor photoshopping.
Since the dragonfly is your main subject, try darkening the concrete, as it really causes a distraction, also, vignetting the corners.
Just a suggestion :)

:think: Don't think that I would do any photoshopping .
Better to go back to the same place and take some shots.

Well..that's your call then, good luck :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.