Pinhole cam photo outing 6 Jan 08

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jcryan55

As we step into the new year of 2008, I thought it might be a good time to merry up all the alternative photoenthusiasts for a simple outing. Acxtually, anyone who is keen to come and shoot and have fun with us can join in la...not restricted to only pinhole, Holga, lomo or watever camera you own la.

The details of the outing are:

Date : 6 Jan 08, Sunday
Time : 0830 hours to 1130 hours
Venue : Tian Fu Gong (天福宫)along Telok Ayer Street
(nearest MRT station will be Tanjong Pagar via Exit G and walk towards Amoy Street Hawker Centre) hmmmm....Did I say you can find some very good breakfast here as well....lol !!

To make things a bit more interesting, I will be bringing down all my pinhole cameras for anyone who are interested to try. The models I'll be bringing are the 6x6, 6x12 & 6x18 panoramic pinhole cameras. I'll also bring the large format 4x5 model along as well for the hardcore people. I'll carry the Polaroid back for the 4x5 model. You can come with your own polaroid film like Fuji FP100 or Polaroid 669 or equivalent. I dun have any film holder for 4x5 film, so those people who wants to shoot 4x5 negatives, please bring your own film holder and 4x5 film.

To see the types of cams I will be bringing down, go to www.flickr.com/photos/8banners

But for those who are keen to try the pano cams, please bring your own film/negative/slides. These cameras uses 120 format film except the 4x5 ones.

In case, there are overwhelming response to try the cameras, please PM me first with your name and contact so that I can plan how to allow everyone to have a fair chance to try it during the outing.

In return for the loan of the camera, i make a small request for a photo that you have taken with the camera during the outing to be given to me after you have printed it. A4 size would be good, and I'm ok with inkjet print or colourlab prints.

So, the list of people coming (just copy & paste the list):

1. jcryan55 aka Jeffrey

I got some PM and email asking where & what type of film to buy to come and try on the camera.
Here's the answer:

1. You should be bringing 120 format film and not 35mm format film which you use in yr normal SLR camera or lomo. Its the same type of film you use for Holga cameras.

2. There are colour & black & white film & colour positive film(aka slides) available in Singapore although the choice is pretty limited these days. They are available from Ruby Photos or Cathay Photos in Peninsula Plaza. Fotohub also stock up some of the films. Konata in Peninsula stock up Fuji Neopan films.

Recommended films:

a. Kodak TMAX 100, 400 (B&W)
b. Kodak Tri-X (B&W)
c. Kodak TC400N (Chromogenic film which can be developed at any of the colourlabs, giving u B&W prints)
d. Ilford Delta 100, 400 (B&W)
e. Fuji Velvia 50, 100, 100F (Slides)
f. Fuji Neopan 400, 1600 (B&W)

They range between $3.50 to $9.80 a roll depending on what film/slides.

3. If you want to try the large format pinhole camera, yo can either buy the 4x5inch film (if u ever find any in Singapore) or buy the Polaroid 667 or Fujifilm FP100c polaroid pack (10 shots in a pack). I'll bring the 3.15'x 4.25" polaroid back for anyone keen to try. A pack is about S$20 at Cathay & Ruby.

People coming:

1. jcryan55 aka Jeffrey
2. kahong
3. gary lai
4. Simon Ang
5. Atan
6. BearBear
7. Ashwin
8. gedappletart
9. Sapienz
10. WuffRuff
11. TupiGuy

Some sample images taken by the pinhole cams....

1397850782_ebc09a2c63.jpg

1396966135_0b3e08efd8.jpg

1396906467_545270b9bb_o.jpg

Sorry people, the photo is scanned from the slides at low resolution so a bit pixelated & blur blur.

some images from the last outing during the World Pinhole Day....
It has been quite some time we get together.....

476968647_e9042145d6_o.jpg

476968509_13dcba1af3.jpg

Hi
I am a newbie in photographer...just got my first cam for about one month plus ago .... but I am interested to know more after seeing some of the cameras above ....

Can I join just to see how your camera looks like? Can i bring my digi cam along?:)

i wanna join too.....

People coming:

1. jcryan55 aka Jeffrey
2. kahong
3. gary lai
4. Simon Ang
5. Atan
6. BearBear
7. Ashwin
8. gedappletart
9. Sapienz
10. WuffRuff
11. TupiGuy
12. yoerii

Update....

1. jcryan55 aka Jeffrey
2. kahong
3. gary lai
4. Simon Ang
5. Atan
6. BearBear
7. Ashwin
8. gedappletart
9. Sapienz
10. WuffRuff
11. FabianNaino
12. yoerii
13. Chiif
14. Tim
15. Aswin
16. Brenda Lee
17. Vortex

Some of u may like to bring along a light tripod for the pinhole cams as I dun have 6 tripods to lend for the cameras I am bringing. The exposure time needed even in bright daylight is about 3 seconds minimum, so I dun think you can handheld the shoot.

this is fun, i want to join also since i know nut about pin hole

1. jcryan55 aka Jeffrey
2. kahong
3. gary lai
4. Simon Ang
5. Atan
6. BearBear
7. Ashwin
8. gedappletart
9. Sapienz
10. WuffRuff
11. FabianNaino
12. yoerii
13. Chiif
14. Tim
15. Aswin
16. Brenda Lee
17. Vortex
18.Bahibo

can't make it already as i've something else on later. enjoy the outing ppl :)

I have some film on hand but not many. so,I can still sell some of you who dun have time to buy them. But first come first serve, while stock last.
In case if You cannot find us tomorow when you arrive, you can call my mobile phone at 96605991.

Status
Not open for further replies.