Ping: Violett

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rick

Saw your ultra-long zoom lens..... and your 24X zoom capability....:D on S-One.

What is the extra attachement lens you used? I want to get a similar one for my Canon DC... 52mm treaded.. dunno can or not. :rbounce:

yah..did u stack a bunch of tc's to get that 24x or juz 1 tc lens
btw i wats the diff btw coolpix 990 and 995? can't seem to find 990 in the nikon site

Hi,

That looks like either the Kenko 8x32 monocular or the CrystalVue Sharpshooter 8x monocolar. By itself, it's 8x. Coupled with the Coolpix's 3x zoom, you get 24x. Of coz, the appropriate adaptor rings are required.

The 990 is 3x zoom, the 995 is 4x zoom with a pop-up flash. 990 is obsolete already. (and so is my old 950).

Regards
CK

Originally posted by rick
Saw your ultra-long zoom lens..... and your 24X zoom capability....:D on S-One.

What is the extra attachement lens you used? I want to get a similar one for my Canon DC... 52mm treaded.. dunno can or not. :rbounce:

My Lens is a CrystalVue Sharpshooter 8x32 Zoom.. hmm... I do not know if you can use it on your canon.. But you can check the lens out at http://ckcpower.today.com.sg

Originally posted by Mystix
yah..did u stack a bunch of tc's to get that 24x or juz 1 tc lens
btw i wats the diff btw coolpix 990 and 995? can't seem to find 990 in the nikon site

Hi Mystix, I did not stack up a bunch of tc's, Just 1 TC lens.. hmm.. differences between 990 and 995.. see here http://www.dpreview.com/review/nikoncp995/ ... Think 990 is already phased out.. so is my 950.. :)

wah tempted liao....btw wats the difference btw a scoope and a monocular?
hows the image quality anyway....got vignetting?

Can this be use on G2?? It lists the other Canon cameras except G1 and G2..anyone tried b4??

Originally posted by Mystix
wah tempted liao....btw wats the difference btw a scoope and a monocular?
hows the image quality anyway....got vignetting?

from the website supplied, it seems that the kenko type have vignetting, while the crystalvue one have minimum.

It's USD149. Anyone know where can I get crystalvue in singapore? Cathay?

from the website supplied, it seems that the kenko type have vignetting, while the crystalvue one have minimum.

It's USD149. Anyone know where can I get crystalvue in singapore? Cathay?

As far as I know... everyone who has this has ordered it from the net..

I believe everyone here ordered the crystalvue one right?

Is there any vignetting being experienced?

I believe everyone here ordered the crystalvue one right?

Is there any vignetting being experienced?

Yes... the crystalvue one is much better than the kenko

There is a good amount of vignetting on the 950, you have only about 40-50% of zoom range at the telephoto end without vignetting.

Interestingly, on the 990, I have almost 80-90% of the zoom range available...

Originally posted by Paladin
Can this be use on G2?? It lists the other Canon cameras except G1 and G2..anyone tried b4??

hmm... I don't know if it can work on the G2, but if you see me on the next gsthering, you can try it out.. :)

Originally posted by willyfoo

Yes... the crystalvue one is much better than the kenko

There is a good amount of vignetting on the 950, you have only about 40-50% of zoom range at the telephoto end without vignetting.

Interestingly, on the 990, I have almost 80-90% of the zoom range available...

wow! that's good. I was thinking of ordering one too.... but budget constraints.... unless I managed to get some bonus.

Anyone tried with G2? Care to comment if it works? From what I read from Dpreview, it will not...

steve review mentioned that it is sold for usd150 while ckc selling for usd185

price increased?

Status
Not open for further replies.