Pinata

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
IMG_0631.JPG

Truly a barbaric ritual, played out at almost every birthday party, designed to teach our children about modern society.

First the kids line up to take turns bashing an innocent effigy (usually of a cute cuddly defenceless creature) with a baseball bat, until its guts (consisting of sweets, chocolates, toys and other goodies) spill out. Notice the girl in the background. She still has a tender heart.

Then it's a free-for-all as everyone grabs as much of the goodies for themselves as possible. Ken Lay must have enjoyed pinatas very much.

IMG_0665.JPG

Survival training? There's a better way....

Hi streetshooter

I have to admit I kind of envy those with digital camera's. You can take so many pictures and not have to shell out $$ on film costs and development.

You have an observant eye! Im happy to find this forum and glad to know there are other "street-photographers" too :)

cheers!

BenJR

i like picture one
interesting use of perspective, and the inclusion of the girl clasping her face. brilliant.
my picture of the day :)

I was sitting right in front of a blindfolded, baseball-bat wielding child. Rather precarious position, and I was ready to scramble out of the way at any moment to save my D30!

Maybe you let them wack you in return of those pictures?

Originally posted by StreetShooter
I was sitting right in front of a blindfolded, baseball-bat wielding child. Rather precarious position, and I was ready to scramble out of the way at any moment to save my D30!

haha! i like this pic v.much too.
my first thought when i was looking at it was

"the girl on the left is screaming cos the blindfolded girl is gonna hit someone!"

didnt know what pinata was u see.

hmm.. come to think of it, it'd be even more interesting if u were right in front of the bed wiedling girl.. can see the bat close up and the "home-alone" (copyright Macaulay Culkin) look on the other girl's face.

just remember to wear a good helmet and get insurance for your camera. kekeke.

jst.

Why black and white?

Originally posted by StreetShooter
"In colour, you see the clothes
In B&W you see the soul"
[/QUOTE

Nice pics and really nice and meaningful words!!! :thumbsup:

Excellent Job!

Status
Not open for further replies.