[Pigling] Innocence

pinkpiggy209

Jul 31, 2010
Singapore
flickr.com
5413872846_1f8576026a_z.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, tones, "connection"?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Show the innocence and purity of a child with its soft skin and big, watery eyes.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
During chinese new year, the kid was curiously looking at every activity around it.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Black and white can remove colour distractions and emphasise the tones and curves on the child and his features.

C and C welcomed! :) Thanks for viewing!

Do u have the uncropped version? No sure why you cropped off half the head and the hand in the first place.

Do u have the uncropped version? No sure why you cropped off half the head and the hand in the first place.

second that, personally would prefer at the whole head into the frame:)

Thanks for viewing. I was using the 50mm 1.8 as it was the only lens I had that gave me a wide enough aperture to shoot at the low light condition of the house. Hence I couldn't really zoom. But actually I feel that the tight crop gives focus to the eyes and soft skin by creating a nice L. Idk just my 2 cents!

Thanks for viewing. I was using the 50mm 1.8 as it was the only lens I had that gave me a wide enough aperture to shoot at the low light condition of the house. Hence I couldn't really zoom. But actually I feel that the tight crop gives focus to the eyes and soft skin by creating a nice L. Idk just my 2 cents!

but imo, the left eye is too near the edge that somehow makes me feels that this image is incomplete (that was my first impression when the image first loaded). Try giving the eyes more space, probably it may turn out better? I would also liked the hands to be in the frame as well....

but imo, the left eye is too near the edge that somehow makes me feels that this image is incomplete (that was my first impression when the image first loaded). Try giving the eyes more space, probably it may turn out better? I would also liked the hands to be in the frame as well....

I see.. yea i agree it is a little too close :p Thanks~

I don't find it too close, however, I'd have preferred if there is a little more interaction between the subject and the photographer. I feel it would be more captivating if the baby is not looking at someone else, but instead at the photographer, with that innocent pair of eyes. Do take note of the top left corner, the black bit of a patch, not very nice.

Agreed. Good with the hand.