Pigbag Camera Bag

eonridr

Jun 6, 2013
sg
Hi guys,

Am new here. Liked this forum and got alot of info about cameras here.

I am travelling to taiwan soon and am thinking of getting something like this. was wondering if anyone has buy it / used it? Quality looks really good to me.

What do you guys think?
22_zps33e79fc3.jpg

11-1_zpsf3c7c5c6.jpg

33_zpsa487449e.jpg

44_zpsd76c24ec.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
This is not something I will use for traveling. You are basically telling the whole world that you own a big camera. When I want to put a cam into the bag it goes totally into the bag and cannot be seen.

If I want the camera to be conveniently slung, there will be no case over it so I can take a picture anytime.

If I want some 'cover' for the cam when slung, use a scarf.

And if you seriously still want a cover like that, I will go for a similar neoprene one. Hella cheap, less bulky, easy to store and light.

Last edited:
If it's really made of swine leather then have fun protecting it from mold.

Nope. As seen in the attachment, that pouch is not made of real leather. It is made of PU leather... which is therefore cheaper. Anyway, that pouch looked really ugly.

I'm really interested to know what camera TS is using that required that much protection? I mean, I walked everywhere (Singapore, China and Australia) with my OM-D, 7D and recently my EPM1 and didn't have any protection on them. They are working fine and I don't even see scratches (at least not that much) on them.

Last edited:
hmm .. the last thing i would use would be this kind of bag..or pouch.

When DSLR is kept into these.. it just look very ugly to me.
(looks like man with underwear..n if the lens is long...erm shall not elaborate any further)

looks damn ugly and not well made.

Up to you, but I will not use it.

Looks aside, as others have mentioned, it is a big big sign saying "I have a camera, grab it if you want!" :bsmilie:

Haha! Thanks everyone for replies.. you guys really dun like this design.. LOLz

but anyway I m just grabbing the image and asking if your seen this kinda bag and whether its good for protection etc.
Not that into this design also. This leather one is just one of the many designs.. last time gmarket used to have a seller with alot of nice design but now I can only find another seller with lesser nice designs.

I think the quality quite good actually. Theres 5 -7 layers of different fabric when its cut open. I m not using my camera for any special purpose that I need extra protection. Just that when I am tired I can be clumsy or careless at times, so I may think of having something like this as a kind of insurance. Its still just a thought though. Considering. Also good to know what others think.

Thanks.

will pass....as mentioned..ur telling thieves..hey im using a cam here..came and take...

i will rather put in a bag...hey still have spaces for water bottles..spare stuff...

but anyway I m just grabbing the image and asking if your seen this kinda bag and whether its good for protection etc.
Not that into this design also. This leather one is just one of the many designs.. last time gmarket used to have a seller with alot of nice design but now I can only find another seller with lesser nice designs.

I think the quality quite good actually. Theres 5 -7 layers of different fabric when its cut open. I m not using my camera for any special purpose that I need extra protection. Just that when I am tired I can be clumsy or careless at times, so I may think of having something like this as a kind of insurance. Its still just a thought though. Considering. Also good to know what others think.

Thanks.

I find that thinking abit flawed...If you think that you will be clumsy or careless at times, no protection will save it...Because when you are shooting with it, you can be "clumsy or careless" and drop it without the protection. The best form of protection is to keep it in the dry cabinet and lock it up...

If you are afraid of dropping it, What kind of insurance is better than a good handstrap and/or neckstrap?
If talking about transporting your gears around, there are 1001 bags out there by different brands. I'm pretty sure you can find one better (whether looks, design or functionality) than the one above...

Personally, I, like the rest would not consider using the bag you posted up there..It simply attracts too much attention... Unless that's what you want to achieve.

*On a 2nd thought, do you need the 5-7 layers of diff fabric ? what are you using your bag for? block knives and parangs?*

Thanks.

Get a real bag...

any camera cases are very old school, during the 60's 70's, every SLR will come with such case,
100% tourist or armature look, cos such case mostly fix one SLR and one 50mm lens, so those photographers own a couple of lenses won't use it any more. FYI, zoom lenses still not available during that time.

nowadays nobody using it, beside make you look like Ah Pek, it is not practical at all, by the time you take out the camera and ready to shoot, all the opportunities already long gone.

I think that if you're clumsy and careless, there's loads of things that will happen that that little skin won't save you from. :p

Just get a bag, really. When you use the camera you have to take out the thing. And when you take out the thing, you need a bag to put the thing in. In the end, you're still using it naked. So like I said, why don't you get a bag, then you don't have an additional silly little flap thing to deal with.

ORBIT lor!

The design super Ah Lau.

If you wear it and walk pass kopitiam I might order kopi o from you loh.

If you buy it, I suggest you pair it with a matching waist pouch.

men-waist-bag-coffee-leather-zipper-pouch.jpg

Inside can put lens and memory cards. And lotsa coins.

.. and it's written in Chinese. Can't read it.

Hehe, I think my 10 years of Primary + Secondary Chinese second language education and my constant deployments to China for work trips... my mandarins still maintain okay :)

ORBIT lor!

The design super Ah Lau.

If you wear it and walk pass kopitiam I might order kopi o from you loh.

If you buy it, I suggest you pair it with a matching waist pouch.

Inside can put lens and memory cards. And lotsa coins.

Dont make fun of waist fanny pack hor. I still using... just that the brand is Thinktank