PIE night scene - taken from Eunos/Ubi Pedestrian flyover

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimDavis

Mar 15, 2004
Bedok
Hi All,

Took these photos around 8pm tonight, guess it is a little too late, the traffic was not as heavy as I thought it would be:

Eunosnightshot-expressway02.jpg

Eunosnightshot-expressway01.jpg

But surprisingly, I did not realize that FZ10 also have some "star" effect like what FZ20 has. :D

Comments and suggestions welcome. :sweat:

JimDavis said:
Hi All,

Took these photos around 8pm tonight, guess it is a little too late, the traffic was not as heavy as I thought it would be:

Eunosnightshot-expressway02.jpg

Eunosnightshot-expressway01.jpg

But surprisingly, I did not realize that FZ10 also have some "star" effect like what FZ20 has. :D

Comments and suggestions welcome. :sweat:

No comment, or the photos are so badly taken that they do not worth the effort to comment? :(

I think no one wants to comment 'cos you are a hazard to all others using the road. You are what they call a 'snap and drive' offender :sweat: . You also have everyone seeing stars. :bigeyes:

Zenten said:
I think no one wants to comment 'cos you are a hazard to all others using the road. You are what they call a 'snap and drive' offender :sweat: . You also have everyone seeing stars. :bigeyes:

Har? 'snap and drive'???? I was on the pedestrian flyover lar...how to drive??

You mean it will be better to crop away the lamps that gave the star effect?? I did not use any star filter at all hor...it is the camera lar...

singscott said:
A bit too overexpose, that why the orange glow and also affect the sharpness.

Ohhhh...thanks for the comment....

I shall try again some other week dayt night when I get a chance to come home early. :D

JimDavis said:
Har? 'snap and drive'???? I was on the pedestrian flyover lar...how to drive??

You mean it will be better to crop away the lamps that gave the star effect?? I did not use any star filter at all hor...it is the camera lar...

Erhm, like I said.. you had everyone seeing stars. :bigeyes:

Zenten said:
Erhm, like I said.. you had everyone seeing stars. :bigeyes:

Oorrrrr....thanks for the comment....I will try again some other nights.....sorry if there are tones of stars and moons on top of your head now....hehehehehe... :angel:

Maybe its just me, but i find the bushes at the bottom of the pics a bit distracting also...like can tell you were on overhead bridge....maybe next time you can try to trim the bushes first before taking? ....or if you scared kena fine, maybe you can just take then crop the pic...:p

Hey, I like the shot, but not very sharp, a bit overexpose. Too bright to the eyes. Its a night sence, should dim down alittle to get into the mood...

Just a layman point of view.

At least better than my shot... keke... ;p

snapMan said:
Maybe its just me, but i find the bushes at the bottom of the pics a bit distracting also...like can tell you were on overhead bridge....maybe next time you can try to trim the bushes first before taking? ....or if you scared kena fine, maybe you can just take then crop the pic...:p

Aiyo...trim the bushes? Better not...ma ta liat!

I just wanted to post the non-process one to get comment...this will help me in the digital darkroom process technique too. ;p

IMHO, its overexposed and the colours are way too warm... Here's my go at this type of shot:

36874586.jpg

IMO, I think if there isn't enough traffic to get good streaks, I suggest to wait! :)

Cheers,
Nick

nick mak those are nice tones... very soothing compared to jimdavis's photos
but singapore has orange lights nationwide... :confused:
how can one get around dat prob

i tried my own but also not too much traffic. not too sure of the colors tho

incubus said:
nick mak those are nice tones... very soothing compared to jimdavis's photos
but singapore has orange lights nationwide... :confused:
how can one get around dat prob

i tried my own but also not too much traffic. not too sure of the colors tho
Put a blue filter to soothe the colours... I think... Use the Photo filter function on PS CS too... Might help soothe the colours...

Regards,
Nick

nickmak said:
IMHO, its overexposed and the colours are way too warm... Here's my go at this type of shot:

36874586.jpg

IMO, I think if there isn't enough traffic to get good streaks, I suggest to wait! :)

Cheers,
Nick

Where did you take the shot from? Does not seems to be in SG to me at all leh.

ParkertR said:
haha~ its from the BTS overheadbridge at MBK... bangkok :D
Haha... I thought the 'MBK' sign which was so big would have given it away! :bsmilie:

nickmak said:
Haha... I thought the 'MBK' sign which was so big would have given it away! :bsmilie:

Oppssss...I am blur sotong... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.