PIE night scene - taken from Eunos/Ubi Pedestrian flyover


Status
Not open for further replies.

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,730
0
0
53
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
#1
Hi All,

Took these photos around 8pm tonight, guess it is a little too late, the traffic was not as heavy as I thought it would be:





But surprisingly, I did not realize that FZ10 also have some "star" effect like what FZ20 has. :D

Comments and suggestions welcome. :sweat:
 

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,730
0
0
53
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
#2
JimDavis said:
Hi All,

Took these photos around 8pm tonight, guess it is a little too late, the traffic was not as heavy as I thought it would be:





But surprisingly, I did not realize that FZ10 also have some "star" effect like what FZ20 has. :D

Comments and suggestions welcome. :sweat:
No comment, or the photos are so badly taken that they do not worth the effort to comment? :(
 

Zenten

Deregistered
Jun 13, 2004
9,845
8
38
#3
I think no one wants to comment 'cos you are a hazard to all others using the road. You are what they call a 'snap and drive' offender :sweat: . You also have everyone seeing stars. :bigeyes:
 

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,730
0
0
53
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
#4
Zenten said:
I think no one wants to comment 'cos you are a hazard to all others using the road. You are what they call a 'snap and drive' offender :sweat: . You also have everyone seeing stars. :bigeyes:
Har? 'snap and drive'???? I was on the pedestrian flyover lar...how to drive??

You mean it will be better to crop away the lamps that gave the star effect?? I did not use any star filter at all hor...it is the camera lar...
 

Zenten

Deregistered
Jun 13, 2004
9,845
8
38
#7
JimDavis said:
Har? 'snap and drive'???? I was on the pedestrian flyover lar...how to drive??

You mean it will be better to crop away the lamps that gave the star effect?? I did not use any star filter at all hor...it is the camera lar...
Erhm, like I said.. you had everyone seeing stars. :bigeyes:
 

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,730
0
0
53
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
#8
Zenten said:
Erhm, like I said.. you had everyone seeing stars. :bigeyes:

Oorrrrr....thanks for the comment....I will try again some other nights.....sorry if there are tones of stars and moons on top of your head now....hehehehehe... :angel:
 

snapMan

New Member
Nov 12, 2004
222
0
0
37
Hougang
#9
Maybe its just me, but i find the bushes at the bottom of the pics a bit distracting also...like can tell you were on overhead bridge....maybe next time you can try to trim the bushes first before taking? ....or if you scared kena fine, maybe you can just take then crop the pic...:p
 

#10
Hey, I like the shot, but not very sharp, a bit overexpose. Too bright to the eyes. Its a night sence, should dim down alittle to get into the mood...

Just a layman point of view.

At least better than my shot... keke... ;p
 

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,730
0
0
53
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
#11
snapMan said:
Maybe its just me, but i find the bushes at the bottom of the pics a bit distracting also...like can tell you were on overhead bridge....maybe next time you can try to trim the bushes first before taking? ....or if you scared kena fine, maybe you can just take then crop the pic...:p
Aiyo...trim the bushes? Better not...ma ta liat!

I just wanted to post the non-process one to get comment...this will help me in the digital darkroom process technique too. ;p
 

nickmak

Senior Member
Apr 16, 2004
2,358
0
0
31
London, UK
www.pbase.com
#12
IMHO, its overexposed and the colours are way too warm... Here's my go at this type of shot:



IMO, I think if there isn't enough traffic to get good streaks, I suggest to wait! :)

Cheers,
Nick
 

#13
nick mak those are nice tones... very soothing compared to jimdavis's photos
but singapore has orange lights nationwide... :confused:
how can one get around dat prob

i tried my own but also not too much traffic. not too sure of the colors tho
 

nickmak

Senior Member
Apr 16, 2004
2,358
0
0
31
London, UK
www.pbase.com
#14
incubus said:
nick mak those are nice tones... very soothing compared to jimdavis's photos
but singapore has orange lights nationwide... :confused:
how can one get around dat prob

i tried my own but also not too much traffic. not too sure of the colors tho
Put a blue filter to soothe the colours... I think... Use the Photo filter function on PS CS too... Might help soothe the colours...

Regards,
Nick
 

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,730
0
0
53
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
#15
nickmak said:
IMHO, its overexposed and the colours are way too warm... Here's my go at this type of shot:



IMO, I think if there isn't enough traffic to get good streaks, I suggest to wait! :)

Cheers,
Nick
Where did you take the shot from? Does not seems to be in SG to me at all leh.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom