Pictures taken with my new K20D and new DA 10-17mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvon Bourque

Jan 29, 2008
California
Hi fellow Pentaxians,

Today I felt like a kid with a new toy. Actually we’re all kids at heart; the only difference between kids and us, grown ups, is the price of our toys. Anyway, I just wanted to post a few pictures taken with the K20D and the DA 10-17mm lens. It is very unusual to have snow in our area at lower altitude. It snowed yesterday and I just had to go out there and put it on film…I mean on a memory card. While there, I found an old abandoned house and couldn't resist jumping over the fence even if there was a "No trespassing" sign. You have to do whatever it takes to get the pictures.

I just got my K20D last Monday and I received the DA 10-17MM last week as well. The lens was purchased on EBay. It was posted for $350.00 with “Buy it now”. I didn’t wait and purchased it right then before someone else had time to snatch it away. That’s the best price I have seen for it.

As for or the pictures (I would like to attach pictures but it seems that we cannot do so. You can see the pictures on mmy blog ):dunno:http://pentaxdslrs.blogspot.com, I played with the saturation in Lightroom, but the K20D is a dream camera. All pictures were taken in RAW and processed in Lightroom. The results were transferred as JPEG files to Photoshop Element V.6 and reduced to a resolution of 100 pixels per inch with a height of 600 pixels. It a small file and it e-mails or posts easily.

Some reviewers will trash the K20D while some other will praise its qualities. But if you have a chance to try the K20D, you will know right away that this camera is an evolution of the revolution that was the K10D. I could go on for hours, but the “proof is in the pudding” really applies to this camera. I tell you, Pentax did it again.

Thank you for reading,

Yvon Bourque

yvon, very nice pictures with that fisheye

on another note - the processing is reminiscent of hdr, aggressive highlight recovery and shadow lifting? else the DR of the k20d seems much better than before

ooohhh..nice images, yvon!
I especially liked the 4th one although I think the majority would disagree but I like how real and yet un-real it looks...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.