Koelsch

Jan 5, 2006
The Land of the Teddy Bear
Some comments on my photos please =)

P1010682.jpg

P1010588.jpg

P1010587.jpg

P1010596.jpg

Hope the images ain't too big. =( and by the way, these are all shot with a Panasonic Lumix DC. ;p

did not work for me.

I feel that all (except 1) underexpose. Can't catch what you are trying to capture through your lens.

For #1, i think if you can find some nice rocks with clear water and just form a frame full of that will be nicer than that posted, know what i mean?

just my 2 cents.

Some constructive critisicim - the images look too dark and flat on my monitor, a polariser would have made a big difference to these shots and there isn't a point of interest in the images...

o_o okay thanks. will work on my exposure once i have my own camera alright. it's just a normal dc and i didn't really use all the functions. thanks for the comments =)

Koelsch said:
;p ;p ;p

more comments pls?

Other than exposure (which can be correctly with photo editor for minor errors such as these) you need to work on your composition.

Picture #1 lack subject.
#2 Poor composition
#3 Would be better if you trim of the bottom off by 25% to get rid of the underexposure forground thus leaving the foliage.
#4 Trim off the bottom half to save the picture.

I hope you don't kill me for my comment.

Will get all my software and editors and learn once i get my camera first okie? because my hdd not enough space right now.

#1 i actually love the sea at the back. can actually see the waves coming in from very far away.

#4 why crop half the btm half which has the water? =( please enlighten me.

i took these pictures before i start surfing CS and learning lots about exposure and composition and everything else. so therefore, i'm still learning as i go.

Koelsch said:
Will get all my software and editors and learn once i get my camera first okie? because my hdd not enough space right now.

#1 i actually love the sea at the back. can actually see the waves coming in from very far away.

i took these pictures before i start surfing CS and learning lots about exposure and composition and everything else. so therefore, i'm still learning as i go.

:confused: what does software and editors have to do with taking better pictures? i hope your not thinking of using photoshop or any program to save pictures. Learn to do it before you push the shutter.

practise the delete key, not good delete, not good delete, not bad skip, not bad skip... learn from those you delete, don't repeat those mistakes again next time round.

i don't understand why you're asking for comments on past images when you say you have learned lots by now. Post current shots instead.

hi foxtwo, the guy earlier on was commenting on my exposure which was underexposed. so he was mentioning something about using softwares to edit it. but i don't have enough space on my comp now to install anymore things.

and another thing is that i don't have any camera at all. not even a dc. the photos i posted was from a panasnoic lumix camera that i borrowed from my auntie to bring along for the trip.

just wanna know how's my composition? =( thanks in advance.

Thanks for the photos.

Personally for me, it brings back fond memories dating back to at least 10 years ago when I last visited the island on more than several instances.

I do find your photos (apart from #1) a little dark though.

Havent had a chance to go back in recent times. But I must say that I would rather be in Tioman for a week than say, in London or Paris.

It looks alright when i processed the photos out. they did the editing for me i suppose. i don't have the necessary softwares needed. and the camera functions was very very limited and it wasn't even mine =.=! hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Koelsch said:

Because the waves looked out-of-focus and the slower shuttle speed made it looked worse.

It is just my opinion. As they say, different stroke for different folk:)

Koelsch said:

Yes, yes! Photographer can actually "feel" their own photos. But to a 3rd party, it is a different story.

Koelsch said:
okay thanks for the comments. will try to compose my pics better

Koel,

I like you altitude, man! Very positive with feedback. With your enthusiam, you can go far.
You know something. sometime ppl ask for comment and then they disappear without a trace.

kc123 said:
Koel,

I like you altitude, man! Very positive with feedback. With your enthusiam, you can go far.
You know something. sometime ppl ask for comment and then they disappear without a trace.

Haha, thanks for the compliment then =). anyway i have to emphasize on the fact that i don't own any cameras so therefore you all won't be able to see any pictures from me anytime soon. decided on what i wanna get and i know what i shoot.

Therefore, i'm always on clubsnap searching for some article to crap with. and learn from the pros in APAD.

TIOMAN!!! I WANT TO GO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Koel,

Can show more pictures taken from the same camera? I am looking for small idiot-proven camera(with anti-shake) for my daughter and Lumix is one of my choice but from your photos, I have reservation!

BirdRobin : it's a very very VERY nice place for ya to relax and take alot alot of beautiful pictures. should go there again and the bus ride rocks! a bus travlling at a speed of 140km/hr and it's curvey and sharp turns for about 45mins ride lol.

kc123 : check pm =)

Status
Not open for further replies.