Pictures from Olympus 720

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericpooi

Nov 7, 2004
First posting in this section... just when to Bunaken, Manado (Indonesia) for snokelling as it is meant to be an avian photography trip but the birds are hard to find and very high up in the canopy, thus we change our plans to snokelling around Manado on Day 4.

First time using the above camera for underwater photography and was pretty impressed by this small little camera that doesn't need casing to a depth of 3metres, in fact, I tested it easily to a depth of 5metres and totally no problem!! Very impressive waterproofing.

Very impressive pictures from this section... Just sharing some of the pictures taken by novice.

Starting with famous Nemo (clown anemone fish)

LIttleNemo2-web.jpg

His family

Nemofamily-web.jpg

Striped pufferfish

Pufferfish1-web.jpg

A kind of grouper? baby...

BabyGrouper1-web.jpg

Butterfly fish

Butterfly1-web.jpg

to be continued...

A few more........

Potato Clown?

Anemonefish1-web.jpg

Wrasse fish (the one that dive itself inside the sand during the night to sleep)

Wrasse1-web.jpg

Trigger fish

Trigger1-web.jpg

Finally another Butterfly fish

RenButterflyfish-web.jpg

Hope you like them, all taken within the day... Comments welcome...

very nice, using the 725 sw wish i was able to snorkel as close to the fish as you did

These are known as Golden Maroon Clowns. Known to be quite ferocious little fellas.
Nemofamily-web.jpg

Possibly a juvenile Auriga Butterflyfish (aka Threadfin Butterflyfish)? :think: Can anyone verify this?
RenButterflyfish-web.jpg

Possibly a juvenile Ornate Butterflyfish? Can anyone verify this?
Butterfly1-web.jpg

Looks like a Clarkii Clownfish.
Anemonefish1-web.jpg

very nice, using the 725 sw wish i was able to snorkel as close to the fish as you did

I have been snokelling for a long time, guess you have to practise a lot on staying underwater for a while, that is not to float to the top... also to reduce movement as much as possible.

Hope you are successful next time... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.