pictures for web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmiao

Jun 15, 2004
Hi all.
I am new to digital photography and i am having a 2MP nikon coolpix 2500. Basically, I am taking pictures for my website and I wonder if a 2MP is gd enough or should i consider upgrading to a 3mp?The keyword is sufficient.does a higher pixel photo take up more space (Webspace cost $$)

Thanks!

ahmiao said:
Hi all.
I am new to digital photography and i am having a 2MP nikon coolpix 2500. Basically, I am taking pictures for my website and I wonder if a 2MP is gd enough or should i consider upgrading to a 3mp?The keyword is sufficient.does a higher pixel photo take up more space (Webspace cost $$)

Thanks!

2mp is more than enough for web pictures. :)

Kei said:
2mp is more than enough for web pictures. :)
in that case, i will stay with it.btw, is coolpix 2500 a gd camera?i sold away my benq 2300(free from starhub) for the coolpix 2500 becoz of the 3x opt zoom.i found that besides the zoom,the autofocus is a tremedous improvement!

2mp camera is definitely enough. Note also that pictures for the web need only be 72dpi. anythingmore is a waste of space (unless of course, you want your viewers to save and print these pictures)

:)

What resolution do you want to use when displaying on the web?
Lets say its 1024 x 768 = 786,432 pixels, or 0.75MP.
or 800 x 600 = 480,000, or 0.45MP.

What a higher MP camera gives you is more options. ie. you can crop larger photos, allowing you to filter out parts of the image you don't want to display. If an image is slightly out of focus, by downsizing it, you will gain some sharpness that may allow you to salvage the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.