pictureproject Vs Nikon View

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtuoso

Mar 6, 2004
Hi there, I have recently changed from nikon view to picture project. The installation of picture project required the uninstallation of nikon view.

After using picture project I realised that the features are less than I had when I was using nikon view esp when I am trying to edit RAW files. Wonder if anyone has experiences to share and if you will advise that I revert back to Nikon View?

I have used both picture project and nikon view and IMHO.....nikon view is a better choice for editing pictures....especially in raw.....

Nikon View is also faster than picture project in handling raw files......

Since I downloaded and installed NV....I hardly touched PP anymore....although PP still in computer.... ;)

When I got my D70, I started using Picture Project. Gave up after a while. I prefer Nikon View in combination with Nikon Capture.

jumbocrab said:
When I got my D70, I started using Picture Project. Gave up after a while. I prefer Nikon View in combination with Nikon Capture.

Same here.....later found nikon view to be much faster and also easier to use with more features.....

:)

Thanks guys, greatly appreciate the feedback.. looks like a very unanimous opinion...

One quick question... Is Nikon Capture a retail product or a freeware for Nikon camera owners?

Thanks!

AJ23 said:
U can download a trial version from www.nikon-asia.com.

Alternatively, the original version should cost from S$170-180, should be avaiable at most authorised Nikon retailer like CP, AP, Lords, etc.

Thanks. AJ23 :)
Will test out the trial version 1st.
btw, can photoshop cs edit NEF files? or does it need plug in?

nemesis32 said:
Thanks. AJ23 :)
Will test out the trial version 1st.
btw, can photoshop cs edit NEF files? or does it need plug in?

Yes, PS CS comes with the camera RAW plugin for importing of RAW files. But for newer cameras like D70 or 1DMK2, think must download the latest camera RAW plugin from Adobe (free).

Status
Not open for further replies.