Picture viewing software needed for cdrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamcake

Aug 11, 2003
I need a pic viewing software (just open and it runs, no need installation)
that can do the basic stuff (zoom, rotate)

i need it for a photo cd...

need to be idiot proof... thank you!~

Fujifilm Photo Viewer that comes with my every copy of scanned negs CD. However the functions are very basic and not very user-friendly. Has a weird folder naming convention for the software to detect the pictures inside and apparently the files need to be of a specific dimension as well.

I should be able to pass you a copy to try if you need.

yamcake said:
I need a pic viewing software (just open and it runs, no need installation)
that can do the basic stuff (zoom, rotate)

i need it for a photo cd...

need to be idiot proof... thank you!~

Hi yamcake,

You can try IrfanView which I use regularly for viewing pictures. It is free for non commercial use.

http://www.irfanview.com

Hope that helps. :)

thank you guys..

infran view is a good software, but it needs installation... which i don't want.
i need a plug and play kind of software... no frills..

any other inputs from others?

yamcake said:
thank you guys..

infran view is a good software, but it needs installation... which i don't want.
i need a plug and play kind of software... no frills..

any other inputs from others?

IrfanView is a stand alone application. After installing it to your hard drive, just copy the i_view32.exe to your cd and it will work. I have done it many times for photo presentations.

ziploc said:
IrfanView is a stand alone application. After installing it to your hard drive, just copy the i_view32.exe to your cd and it will work. I have done it many times for photo presentations.

orh.. i see... thank you for your help man... i'll be using that...

hmmm.... I always thought installation is just copying and pasting the needed files into your harddisk. Programs automate this process.

So if you just copy a .exe file into your harddisk, its the same as manual installation?

If i'm not wrong then what difference does it make? :D

Oh, are you using windows XP? It's explorer can view the pictures and rotate

Try vueslide from Ed Hamrick here: http://www.hamrick.com/arc.html

It's free. It's a single exe and runs from CD-ROM. If you have an autorun.inf, it will run the slide show when you insert the CD into the drive.

Great! ;) I'm looking for this type of software also... :gbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.