picture quality setting for lumix

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlpk007

Sep 24, 2002
Singapore.
Visit site
i notice there is not much different in the picture quality when i set to normal or high...or is it just me....cause the file size for high quality is much bigger than normal.....
:what:

Lumix's high quality is one of the highest/best JPG quality amongst the cameras out there, so low compression.. so big file size..

IC..then i better keep it at highest quality.....was thinking no difference..set lower. can take more pics.....

I too wondered about this some time back when I first got my FZ10. I took two pictures using the two resolutions and zoomed in on certain parts of the pictures. When placed side by side, both started to pixelate at about the same enlargement setting and at some points, the lower resolution setting seemed to render more details. For example, the aircon units of a factory showed details of the fan blade in the lower resolution picture while the higher one seemed smudged.
Still not sure about it now, but since getting the 512mb card, I have left it at the highest setting.
Anyone with more information care to shed some light on this?

.cause high quality can only take 200 pics with 512mb but normal quality is 400:bigeyes: tempted to use normal.....like not much diff

jlpk007 said:
.cause high quality can only take 200 pics with 512mb but normal quality is 400:bigeyes: tempted to use normal.....like not much diff

You're right. Actually not much differences unless you print super-large sizes. For the normal 4R prints, the Normal quality setting is more than enough, due to the large pixel count of the image itself. Looking back at my 4R prints of my old 2MP camera, actually also cant see quality differences compared to a 5MP print... same only :)

but of course, if you plan to enlarge, or crop, or do image editing (heavy ones) then dont skimp on the quality, use the highest possible - RAW if you are capable, usually stores about extra 1-stop of DR!

yup don save ur memory space, how often do you shoot more than 200 pics in a single outing? if very often den u might try to switch to Nomal quality. or can simply get a new 512card, pretty cheap now

but highest resolution is a MUST!

Status
Not open for further replies.