picture + journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
are there any software u all can recommend me where u can scan in yr photos then write some comments or journal next to or on it so that i can keep it for future reference.

Do you need features like categorising the photos, etc. Do you want to install the scripts yourself (maximum flexibility) or have a server where the software is already installed (maximum convinience) ?

For using your own scripts on a server

Depends on whether the main focus is the picture or the text.

If the pictures are main, then any photoalbum type of software should do what you want. I know of gallery, but I've never tried using it myself -

http://gallery.menalto.com/

If the text will the main thing, then you can try any popular blogging tool. Most of them support pictures. I know that Moveable Type is very popular, but again I have never used it -

http://www.movabletype.org/

I'm assuming you have the time and knowledge to sit for a quite a few hours learning how to customise these programs properly. Also assuming you have access to a server where you can put your own scripts etc. Knowledge of using Perl/PHP + CGI is a major plus. Otherwise it might be hard troubleshooting out problems for the first time all by yourself.

Software on the server

There are hundreds of such sites.

Here is one, but (surprise!! :D ), I have never used it -

http://www.fotopages.com/

No need of Internet

If all you want is a simple way of entering text and putting a picture near it, only want to use it for yourself (dont want on the Internet), then the simplest is to just create a Word document and type in that :)

klein said:
are there any software u all can recommend me where u can scan in yr photos then write some comments or journal next to or on it so that i can keep it for future reference.

If you want to publish it on the web, you can view movable type. An example is www.tribolum.com (click on photos...)

If you want a photo management software that can sort your photos by date (can download direct from your digital camera) and key in a one line caption... try adobe photoshop album.

Rather shocked to find my own photolog listed in the forums I frequent. :p But yes I use MovableType for my photolog, and have done so for some time.

There are developments in MT, namely an MT Pro, which will incorporate photologs as standard templates. You could try out the functionality by using Typepad, a blogging tool currently in beta. It showcases some of Ben and Mena's developmental work.

If you need any help making a photolog with MT, I'd be more than happy to help write a tutorial or something.

Electrin said:
Rather shocked to find my own photolog listed in the forums I frequent. :p But yes I use MovableType for my photolog, and have done so for some time.

There are developments in MT, namely an MT Pro, which will incorporate photologs as standard templates. You could try out the functionality by using Typepad, a blogging tool currently in beta. It showcases some of Ben and Mena's developmental work.

If you need any help making a photolog with MT, I'd be more than happy to help write a tutorial or something.

Hi Electrin,

Welcome to ClubSNAP! That's great achievement, seeing your own site listed by others.

:cheergal:

Electrin said:

Hello there, frequent but now then join...
:embrass: is it?

I joined Clubsnap before the post :), if that's what you're asking. I'm eyeing a D10, but my wallet's a little too light.

adobe photoshop album??
where do i find it? is it inside PS7??

Status
Not open for further replies.