Picture Framing Courses ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
panda said:
Hi,
I am looking for practical workshops or courses on picture framing.
Is there any such course conducted in Singapore ? :)

You need to have some equipments - the picture frame cutter with an air compressor; matte board cutter; a glass cutter; a "puncher" that staples the frame together;
All I know is that these tools cost about $9,000. :(

panda said:
Hi,
I am looking for practical workshops or courses on picture framing.
Is there any such course conducted in Singapore ? :)

Can check with PSS (Photographic Society of Singapore) at 6334 3361. They occasionally organise some session on teaching on how to frame pictures.

I think it's also covered in their basic photography course. :)

check with the framing shops near ya place and get to know them and see if they are willing to teach u for a fee.....or juz show u how its done...then perhaps pay them a rental to do ya own frames under their supervision...

or better still ask them where they learn from...there is a framer juz at the marketplace at my place hahaa...

jopel said:
You need to have some equipments - the picture frame cutter with an air compressor; matte board cutter; a glass cutter; a "puncher" that staples the frame together;
All I know is that these tools cost about $9,000. :(

Not necessary.

For cutting matt boards:
1. A Dahle A0-szie cutter is SGD1000+, but a Carl A0 cost SGD300+. Carl A3 cutter is approx 100-200 depending on the type of blade.

2. A bevel-edge (45 degree) Logan matt cutter is approx USD30. The blades are hard to find here at approx USD6 a pack. Olfa brand bevel cutter sold at Funan mall Stationary shop for SGD30

For Frames:
3. Exhibition quality Nelson brand frames are available here in many sizes custom sizes. Fairly priced I think.

Glass:
4. Just buy them pre-cut from the frame shops. Easier and safer, and definitely more choices in-terms of matt, tempered etc..

Classes for learning to frame:
5. No idea. Sorry. Maybe if I find the time, I can teach??

Matt board:
6. Available at Bras Bersa (spelling??) where Art Friend is.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.