Picture Control

TRicky671

Oct 28, 2011
Hi, I just wanted to clarify. I am under the impression that picture control has no effect settings. I read from a thread raw vs jpeg and quoting someone "raw = uncooked food" while "jpeg = cooked meal" I read online that nikon's software will apply the settings but does light room do as well? thanks for your help

Hi, I just wanted to clarify. I am under the impression that picture control has no effect settings. I read from a thread raw vs jpeg and quoting someone "raw = uncooked food" while "jpeg = cooked meal" I read online that nikon's software will apply the settings but does light room do as well? thanks for your help

the answers to your questions, can be found here.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=319&topic_id=4618&mesg_id=4622#4619

thanks, i just wanted to clarify cos i was getting mixed messages

For RAW; no, Lightroom does not apply the setting that Nikon Picture Control did. Unless you use Nikon's propriertary software.

For Jpeg, yes, the Picture Control settings are applied the moment the picture is captured.