Pics taken with Olympus E500

Status
Not open for further replies.

akertesz

Apr 21, 2004
www.greymatterphotography.com
hi, i've recently switched from Canon to the E500. Other than the slow AF under low light condition as well as more relatively more pronounced noise, i must say i am very satisfied with the olympus. it is light, compact, produces good colours, and totally suit the way i approach weddings. because of the small size of the camera, i do not draw too much attention to myself, which is a plus when it comes to candids. people might sneer at the camera, thinking it's a "toy", but i believe it's the results that speak loudest.

you can visit www.greymatterphotography.com and view the images under weddings/3. those are all taken with E500.

cheers.

Hi Akertesz.....very nicely taken and glad to have you here with us.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: may i know what lens mostly u use ?;p

Wow! Your wedding photos are some of the best that I have seen. The composition and colour contrast are all spot on. Fantastic!

hi u2nofear,

i mostly used the 14-54, abt 95% of the time. i must say it really fits my way of shooting....very satisfied with it. but i have a feeling that the 11-22 can come in useful too, but that's one for the future.

Thanks, tao for the compliments. to tell you the truth, i am not very gd with colour contrast and technical stuff like that, but as long as the colours appeal to me, i am happy. perhaps credit goes to the E500.

tao said:
Wow! Your wedding photos are some of the best that I have seen. The composition and colour contrast are all spot on. Fantastic!
I second that! Just great!

There is just one I would change, and that is where bride standing alone against the setting sun. There is a huge shadow of the photographer (akertesz) on the left side. I don't know if that was on purpose, in that case it is OK, you are the artist. If it was a mistake, well you just have to watch out, it is tricky when the sun is low.

Shots are very natural, and it shows the expressions truly on the faces.
I really like them. Well done!

saw your Canon sale thread a while back, half-guessed you were switching to Olympus. all the much better people think that you are one of the guests!

:thumbsup:

Good to know that Olympus camera & lens can be used for wedding occasion

Cheers,

Welcome to the dark side Akertesz! :devil:

at first i was quite hesitant to switch from a "mainstream" canon system to olympus, because almost all pro-wedding photogs are either canon or nikon.

however, the spokesman for olympus aundry gan is my friend and he convinces me that it's worth switching, from his personal point of view.

in the beginning, i did suffer from "inferiority complex". is it too amateurish looking, too small, too slow, too "bo seh"? well, the conclusion is, i am not sure about the rest of you, for the kind of work i am doing, the E500 has surpassed my expectations.

one big reason why i start this posting is because i want to share with fellow oly users too, that this camera can do the job well and they should have as much confidence in it as me in approaching their jobs now.

cheers.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

When I got the E300 over the D70 and 300D, the following standard remark was made by most of my friends: "Huh, why Olympus? Aren't Canon and Nikon more famous for cameras?".

My dad used a Nikon, and I grew up thinking that Nikon produced the best cameras in the world.

I must admit that what brought my attention to Olympus was pretty shallow: the unique shape of the E300, and that TV advert showing that guy using his E1 in the sandstorm in the desert. One of the more unconventional of my friends (who uses a Pentax) urged me to give Olympus a shot.

So went $1,500 to MS Color for my brand-new E300, that was about a year ago. It really was zero base, as I did not use a DSLR before that. Which was fortunate, as I had no other experience to compare with. So all that thing about high ISO noise did not bother me one bit.

One thing I realised however, Olympus cannot match up to Canon for AF speed nor high ISO noise, neither can Olympus match to Nikon for its legacy. What Olympus provides is a platform for the photographer to express himself through its excellent optics. True, it is easier to get a keeper with a Canon or a Nikon, but Olympus keepers are invariably better.

Thinking about it, the most iconic of photographs ARE grainy. :bsmilie:

Definitely YES...
Not only using the Olympus DSLR, I am also using the OM-4Ti for weddings too....and it is the manual focus film camera...

referring to the above quote..

hhho said:
:thumbsup:

Cheers,

of course can lah. My wedding photographer, Andrew Choi, also switched from Canon to Olympus last year. Met him at Cathay photo buying a 50-200mm. He said he really liked the colors. But the shots he took for me were from 20D b4 he switched :)

wind30 said:
of course can lah. My wedding photographer, Andrew Choi, also switched from Canon to Olympus last year. Met him at Cathay photo buying a 50-200mm. He said he really liked the colors. But the shots he took for me were from 20D b4 he switched :)

My relative is getting married end of this year in Hongkong.
and my whole family would be invited over to attned her wedding dinner
My mum hope that I can go and be a cameraman that day for family and relative.
So it good to know my Olympus camera and lens can be used for that occasion. right?
unfortunately, I have no 14-54mm lens with me. only have kit lens 14-45mm and 50mm macro lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.