Pics taken in 2048X1536 pixels


Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2004
15
0
0
#1
Hi I'm a newbie in digital camera,I need help as I have taken a lot of pics in 2048X1536 & 1600X1200pixels (Height & Width) , hope someone can enlighten me if my pics are sent for developing (4R size) will it be OK.I don't know how to do all the cropping or whatever just snap the pics and then sent straight for developing will it be OK. Thanks.
 

HelmetBox

New Member
Sep 9, 2003
1,324
0
0
#3
wakakaka..... like everyday someone must ask this question. maybe must open a FAQ section :bsmilie:
 

Dec 25, 2003
51
0
0
#4
ya, should make it sticky and advise everyone new like me too on which s/w to use and how to reize it for appropriate developing size. Thanks
 

coke21

New Member
May 12, 2003
706
0
0
42
East
Visit site
#5
peter20166 said:
Hi I'm a newbie in digital camera,I need help as I have taken a lot of pics in 2048X1536 & 1600X1200pixels (Height & Width) , hope someone can enlighten me if my pics are sent for developing (4R size) will it be OK.I don't know how to do all the cropping or whatever just snap the pics and then sent straight for developing will it be OK. Thanks.
Yup, there will be no problems with your photos.
 

Jan 27, 2004
15
0
0
#6
Thanks everyone but just 1 more silly question,Is there any difference between taking in 2048X1536 and 1600X1200 . And what will be the best setting for taking just 4R. Thanks again.
 

coke21

New Member
May 12, 2003
706
0
0
42
East
Visit site
#7
peter20166 said:
Thanks everyone but just 1 more silly question,Is there any difference between taking in 2048X1536 and 1600X1200 . And what will be the best setting for taking just 4R. Thanks again.
Both are good enough. Most labs can print at 300dpi although 200dpi is good enough for most prints. My suggestion is to take at the highest resolution that you can take at (considering your card size etc) and just send it in.

At least in the event that you want to print a bigger size 8R etc, you won't have any problems.
 

Jan 27, 2004
15
0
0
#8
Thanks again , Can I know what is the exact name of the Adobe Photoshop software and the version to purchase for a newbie like me,as I will be buying it in an hours time.
Thank you very much
 

coke21

New Member
May 12, 2003
706
0
0
42
East
Visit site
#9
peter20166 said:
Thanks again , Can I know what is the exact name of the Adobe Photoshop software and the version to purchase for a newbie like me,as I will be buying it in an hours time.
Thank you very much
There are a couple of versions you can buy, Adobe Photoshop 7.0 (old version), Adobe Photoshop CS (new version) or Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Elements is basic but can do most things for digital photographs. Photoshop 7.0 and CS gives you more for you to "expand your creativity"

Budget shoudl of cos be a consideration....go check it out for yourself.
 

HelmetBox

New Member
Sep 9, 2003
1,324
0
0
#10
You don't need Phtotoshop to do simple editing.

Unless you'll be doing alot of digital enhancing, else you won't have to invest in photoshop. Normally the free software that comes with your camera can support simple editing. Else if you're on a budget, there are always trial versions you can download or freewares and sharewares for simple editing.

:D
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom