Pics taken always quite noisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

blur77

Hiya Guys.. How can I reduce noise huh?:cry:

I am using TV mode and I have tried out almost all of the shutter speed with auto braketing. I am practising with the view outside my room with tripod. But after taking about 30 over pics.. still can't find a pic that is not noisy. Btw.. I am doing a nite shoot.

Any suggestion from the expert here?:dunno:

Revo

Oct 7, 2002
Singapore bo gway hai!
Visit site
Use of software? Eg: PS despeckle.....or Stand alone proggies like Neatimage

And what resolution are u viewing ur pics at?
50% 100%??

if @ full resolution (assuming in ps)
its normal that its a bit noisy n unclean if its from a digicam...
esp. its nite shots u are talking abt...

PS: im no expert but just trying to offer a helping hand :p

B

blur77

Hiya guys.. thanks for the fast respond.. I am using a canon S45 with max resolution (I thinks its 2272 x 1704) and super fine compression. ISO is usually at 100.. tried 50 too, but still noisy. Hmm.. no software used, so meaning I have not done anything yet to the image digitally. Is it like this when doing nite shoot? Or did I do something wrong here???:dunno:

B

blur77

By the way.. does metering matters alot during nite shoot?

And yes sniperD.. I will try out higher ISO later on....;)

Hmm.. can't seems to upload the pic onto pbase.. duhz... so where else can i upload pics onto?:dunno:

SniperD

use evaluative (for general shots) metering unless you got a specific light source to take metering reference to.

try using this config:

f22 (or the smallest aperture you can go) and the longest shutter speed on a ISO100 or 200... see what's the diff.

you can try uploading to webshots (free):thumbsup:

B

blur77

k here is the pic...

Taken at 5s shutter speed, F4.5 aperture ISO 50... pic not digitally handled at all.

Zerstorer

Jul 8, 2002
Can't see your pics. But if you are getting noise in your night shots, then you may want to consider opening up your aperture to get a faster shutter speed.

The longer the exposure, the more noise you will have.

mylau

Jan 19, 2002
Originally posted by blur77
Hiya Guys.. How can I reduce noise huh?:cry:

I am using TV mode and I have tried out almost all of the shutter speed with auto braketing. I am practising with the view outside my room with tripod. But after taking about 30 over pics.. still can't find a pic that is not noisy. Btw.. I am doing a nite shoot.

Any suggestion from the expert here?:dunno:
CCDs gets noisy when they get hot.

Choose a cold night to take your pictures.

Otherwise bring a portable air-con to cool your camera....:devil: :p

B

blur77

Originally posted by SniperD
"A problem has been detected.

You do not appear to be the owner of this album.
Make sure you are logged in."
Sorry guys.. I don't think can get into this page.. I don't know how to use webshot..;p ..

Zerstorer - isn't the pic gonna be very dark if I set it to faster shutter speed at a nite shoot? Anyway I will still try out..;)

mylau - Really???:eek:

mylau

Jan 19, 2002
:D only my first two statements can be taken seriously.

Zerstorer

Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by blur77

Zerstorer - isn't the pic gonna be very dark if I set it to faster shutter speed at a nite shoot? Anyway I will still try out..;)
What I said was to open up the aperture.

If you use a larger aperture(smaller f number) more light will be allowed into the lens and you will be able to use a faster shutter speed to achieve the same exposure.

B

blur77

Zerstorer - Okie, I think I get u now.. :)

Thanks for all the advise guys.. Will have to turn in early.. eyes going :confused:...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom