Pics of Sigma's new OS telephoto zooms!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 80-400 looks just like Nikon's 80-400VR, though the focusing ought to be faster. The one time I tried a 80-400VR it took 15 minutes to focus from close-up to infinity. This will give Nikon users a great low cost (and faster focusing) alternative.

Originally posted by sriram
The one time I tried a 80-400VR it took 15 minutes to focus from close-up to infinity.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by sriram
The 80-400 looks just like Nikon's 80-400VR, though the focusing ought to be faster. The one time I tried a 80-400VR it took 15 minutes to focus from close-up to infinity. This will give Nikon users a great low cost (and faster focusing) alternative.

15 MINUTES!!! Enough time for coffee!

Oh lovely, lovely people, they've finally done it. A 120-300/2.8 zoom. Maybe needed to be a bit wider, but finally. Pity that [1] I might not need it [2] digital sensors are going full frame. Ah well.

Have they mentioned the weight of these lenses? I can't imagine the weight of a 120-300 f/2.8 and the other monster. A fixed 300/2.8 is enough pain for the shoulders to carry around.

Hi

oh my goodness so the rumours are true after all??!
i was worried for a while i might be spreading false rumours in my earlier news postings........

the 300-800 constant f5.6 looks quite an achievement ;)

The tripod collar of the 80-400 OS shld have being used on the 300-800. the collar for the 300-800 looks sooooooo small!!!Can it support the lens properly????

LOL now to wait for pics FROM the lenses instead of OF the lenses!

I haven't scrutinised the piccies, but one possibility is that the lenses aren't drawn to scale and the 300-800 just looks like it has a small tripod collar because of its overall size.

A 300/2.8 heavy to carry around? Nice one. I'm really really not fussed because of this stupid full frame thing now, looks like being back to 400s. Now those are heavy.

Technically, with a full frame 10+ MP digital image, an out-of-camera cropping can get one a 4MP+ image without loss of quality if printed small, but I doubt whether many pple will do so since it brings a feeling as not original:dunno:

Originally posted by Jed
A 300/2.8 heavy to carry around? Nice one.
Well maybe you are a muscleman? Me, I'm down to a Canonet QL17 rangefinder. Now that's nice.

Originally posted by Jed
I haven't scrutinised the piccies, but one possibility is that the lenses aren't drawn to scale and the 300-800 just looks like it has a small tripod collar because of its overall size.

A 300/2.8 heavy to carry around? Nice one. I'm really really not fussed because of this stupid full frame thing now, looks like being back to 400s. Now those are heavy.

You can continue using 1.5 flm cameras. :) Or get the Sickma SD-9 with an even higher FLM....

Regards
CK

Originally posted by willyfoo
How much do you think the 300-800 will cost??

Let me make the first guess. How about $10,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.