Pics of a tiny visitor.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Was bored and took some pics of a visitor....

Saying "hi"....
aab.jpg

Trying to do some weights....
aac.jpg

Too hot, going for a swim......
aad.jpg

any comments are welcome.

pics were taken using Casio QV2900UX's macro mode. no filters were used.

Hi mpenza,

Mi also have the same camera as u but pic in macro not as good as u. U use tripod?
Another question, I want to shoot my aquarium fish, do u think I need a polariser?
Thx.

Originally posted by AnotherAngle
Hi mpenza,

Mi also have the same camera as u but pic in macro not as good as u. U use tripod?
Another question, I want to shoot my aquarium fish, do u think I need a polariser?
Thx.

nope, didn't use tripod. it isn't hard to take macro shot as long as the lighting is good. check out some of my shots here: http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=173579

to shoot aquarium fish, the most difficult part would be lighting. polariser could help reduce reflection off the glass but you should press the lens against the glass anyway (to minimise any reflection). an external flash could help (especially since the camera allow syncing).

nice shots! i think my uzi cannot shoot at this close w/out any filter. or is just me :( :D btw is it crop?

thanks luisg for your comments.

the pics are cropped a bit. the camera could actually go in a bit more (i.e. bigger ant) but it would block the light ;p

here's the uncropped version of the 3rd pic (only resized)

aae.jpg

Originally posted by revenant
Never know 2900 can perform so well. Btw, how much does the cam cost?

should be less than $700 now. probably the cheapest camera with 320mm zoom and offering shutter priority, aperture priority and full manual controls.

Yes I agree Marco shots can be WAY WAY WAY easier if the lights are good, thus shooting in bright Sunlight can help you get much steady shots (higher shutter...image focus is no prob)

Originally posted by mpenza

should be less than $700 now. probably the cheapest camera with 320mm zoom and offering shutter priority, aperture priority and full manual controls.

Cool. Is it available anywhere?

Originally posted by revenant

Cool. Is it available anywhere?

dunno. you have to check. stocks were already running low 2 months back. Cathay Photo never carry it though. List price is $799 but I got it for $700 (with a UV filter) from AP. Others have gotten it cheaper.

Originally posted by mpenza

dunno. you have to check. stocks were already running low 2 months back. Cathay Photo never carry it though. List price is $799 but I got it for $700 (with a UV filter) from AP. Others have gotten it cheaper.

Alright, thanks :)

Here are some tips on free hand Macro Shots:

1. Your left hand serve as a stand. The palm is used as a base for the camera and place elbow close to ribs.
2. Camera's base of CG should ideally rest on the base of palm (the fleshy portion on the bottom right of your palm).
3. Controlled breathing much like your military shhoting skills. You may choose to take a full breath, partial exhale or fully exhale but no breathing when shot is taken.:kok:
4. Comfort and balance is most important.

I took a shot with my Olympus Camedia C3040 of my finger and the ridgelines came out too! This was done single handedly. Will post it one day.

Ray :rbounce:

Originally posted by raycsk
Here are some tips on free hand Macro Shots:

1. Your left hand serve as a stand. The palm is used as a base for the camera and place elbow close to ribs.
2. Camera's base of CG should ideally rest on the base of palm (the fleshy portion on the bottom right of your palm).
3. Controlled breathing much like your military shhoting skills. You may choose to take a full breath, partial exhale or fully exhale but no breathing when shot is taken.:kok:
4. Comfort and balance is most important.

I took a shot with my Olympus Camedia C3040 of my finger and the ridgelines came out too! This was done single handedly. Will post it one day.

Ray :rbounce:

Great tips! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.