Not open for further replies.

raycsk

May 21, 2002
NE Singapore
xxx
266314050uLYMUR

http://community.webshots.com/photo/266314050/266314050uLYMUR

http://community.webshots.com/photo/266314110/266314110hMJfME

I only can process two shot now, currently very busy. Thanks ray for teaching me a lot tips... ;)
Lamp-Post.jpg

Sorry Ray, cannot resist the temptation... :embrass:
Flower-Bud.jpg

MK,

No thanks required. We learn as we go along. I too learnt much from you that day. :)

Maybe we ought to organise one OLY group outing soon

Hello Raycsk,

I'm been busy and away from CS.

Just to note that shortly after your pic postings, I was making my way from Clarke Quay MRT towards Funan & I took the likely route your did for your shoots. Just wondered which lamp post you shot :)

Glad to note your postings & hope for more to come.

Cheers,

chancy said:
Hello Raycsk,

I'm been busy and away from CS.

Just to note that shortly after your pic postings, I was making my way from Clarke Quay MRT towards Funan & I took the likely route your did for your shoots. Just wondered which lamp post you shot :)

Glad to note your postings & hope for more to come.

Cheers,

Hi Chan,

From Clarke Quay NE line station , take exit E, then head towards Funan without crossing the road. The bridge (about 10 metres away) going over the S'pore River over looking Clarke Quay. Think it was the 2nd-3rd lamp post on that bridge.

Merciless Knight,

What can I say but ........ NICE!!!!

Testiment to the E300's capability in our inexperienced hands. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

raycsk said:
Hi Chan,

From Clarke Quay NE line station , take exit E, then head towards Funan without crossing the road. The bridge (about 10 metres away) going over the S'pore River over looking Clarke Quay. Think it was the 2nd-3rd lamp post on that bridge.

Hello Raycsk & MercilessKnight,

Thanks ! I guess the lamp post you shot at must be the one riddled with E300 bullet holes, should be easy to spot the right one :)

Humour aside, I noticed JPEG artifacts that seem to arise from high compression levels. This appears as blocky squares in regions of that approximate closely in colour shades or aliasing steps appearing at straight edges.

Lest, there're concerns with keeping file size minimal. You may wish to use a less aggressive JPEG compression level. That'll retain most of the original Oly image quality to maximise viewer enjoyment :)

That aside, the repeating line of leaves makes interesting patterns. The cup with Oly lens cap on the textured metallic surface with the bluish tint conveys a cold icy air. Mood's right 'xept for the lens cap ;-)

I enjoyed your posts !

Thus far most of the macro shots display show very shallow depth of field, you may wish to use a smaller aperture to flesh out detail & texture of the immediate surrounding. A subjective suggestion though :)

Cheers,

Hi
I like the leaves too. One suggestion on windows pics (somehow I too like to take windows). You may wish to angle it so you capture more of the windows so that they create a overlapping canopy of colors. To discard unwanted attention, you can crop out the sky. Also suggest early morning or evening sky to smooth out harsh shadows.

I can also imagine the windows seen at night lighted up the lamps below. I hv observed it once and if you can do some grainy pics - may look something out of a Van Gogh painting.

So much from an armchair advisor (abeit a newbie) - sorry I can't offer any technical advice like the "seniors" here could. :( :) :)

hello all, i have a similar flower shot. :)

crop2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.