Pick My Gear for Newbie Wedding Shoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucumberman

Jan 16, 2007
Hi everyone!

Im a newbie to wedding photoshoots. Ive done several Malay weddings including in gigantic halls. So far what im not happy with is that i sometimes encounter blur from both camera shake AND blurry focus. I find the 400D not having a good balance on my hands as at low shutter speeds the 400D seems to float on my hands. Here's what I have but i hope the more experienced here can pick which items shud i chuck into my camera bag:

Canon 30D
Canon 400D
480EX Speedlite
Sigma 500 DG Super

10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
35mm f/2.0
85mm f/1.8 USM
75-200mm f/4 L USM

so which lens shud be the main lens on both of my bodies? and wud getting an EFS 17-5mm f/3.5-4.5 or a 50mm f/1.4 help in keeping the bag light?

Many thanks in advance! :)

30D + 580EX + EF-S 17-55 f2.8 is sufficient :thumbsup: adding a 70-200 for tight portraiture will be perfect if you have time to change lens :bsmilie:

hmmm, u mean i shud buy a 580EX and go ahead with getting the 17-55 EFS??

More practice would do the job... your gear are more than sufficient...

It all depends on your style. Maybe a wide-zoom on one body. And a prime on the other would be a good combination.

Check both your camera bodies by mounting it on a tripod to shoot. If the results are sharp, your blur photos have nothing to do with your equpiment but instead your poor handholding technique. As mentioned by others, work on it.

If this is the case, I suggest you get it right before accepting paid assignments. It really is unfair to the client. Even more so in a wedding where there is no such thing as a "oops. can we do a reshoot?"

If got $$ go get IS lenses? they should be of great help :)
eg 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM

Then again, blast your ISOs to the max lors :sweat:

maybe u can post some pics here so we can see what kind of settings you were shooting with? pref straight from cam with no post processing as post processing removes some if not all of hte exif data...

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.